Sign in to follow this  
in2tech

Who is considering new pc builds, laptop's, for FSW?

Windows 10 on it`s way Monday, my present system is windows 10 home but it`s just i5 3.4ghz , I plan to run at 4.8ghz and I may push to 5ghz, I will add another 16gb of Gskill z later to bring it up to 32gb . 

Ray Fry. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

43 minutes ago, rjfry said:

Windows 10 on it`s way Monday, my present system is windows 10 home but it`s just i5 3.4ghz , I plan to run at 4.8ghz and I may push to 5ghz, I will add another 16gb of Gskill z later to bring it up to 32gb . 

Ray Fry. 

Let us know progress. I would say post images but you would be banned to the screen shot area :)

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

I do have screen shots on steam with the addons I`ve added and as soon as I get up and running on the new build I will post some on there.

Ray Fry.

Raymond Fry.

11 hours ago, rjfry said:

I do have screen shots on steam with the addons I`ve added and as soon as I get up and running on the new build I will post some on there.

Ray Fry.

Maybe a link is allowed I dunno. So many rules :)

Picked up the rest of my part`s from scan at Bolton this morning but they did not have the PSU I ordered corsair 850w gold , so I changed it for an evga 850w GS super nova Gold full modular £6 more, the PSU is in and 280 water rad installed in the top, just dropped the CPU in and the ms ssd on the motherboard it weighs a ton metal armour plate, time for a brew I think.

Ray Fry.

Raymond Fry.

All done on the build but now have an error CPU FAN there is no cpu fan it`s a water block will give it a rest now and sort it tomorrow.           

Raymond Fry.

20 minutes ago, rjfry said:

All done on the build but now have an error CPU FAN there is no cpu fan it`s a water block will give it a rest now and sort it tomorrow.           

Did you plugged the water cooler on the CPU Header? You have to or your system will show this message.

You have to plug on the right one. It´s common to have more than one of those headers on the motherboard, you have to plug it on the one close to the socket, it will say CPU_FAN. This is the cpu header:

cpu-fan-power-connector-and-header.jpg

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

4 hours ago, ca_metal said:

Did you plugged the water cooler on the CPU Header? You have to or your system will show this message.

You have to plug on the right one. It´s common to have more than one of those headers on the motherboard, you have to plug it on the one close to the socket, it will say CPU_FAN. This is the cpu header:

cpu-fan-power-connector-and-header.jpg

Ohhh your in trouble, you posted an image. You are banned to the screen shot room forever :)

22 minutes ago, Learjet777 said:

Ohhh your in trouble, you posted an image. You are banned to the screen shot room forever :)

And you quoted me, double ban! :(

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

I don't know how to respond to that I may get banned, yes had it on the CPU fan header but I think it is because the default settings are halt on all errors, I will look into it this morning then I can get windows installed and start updating, as a simmer I am ashamed to say it looks like a fairground inside with the lighting the Gskill rgb and the cooler, I have indulged myself with this build and at my age I should know better, I was tempted to stick in some intel optane memory but I resisted.

Ray Fry.

Raymond Fry.

2 hours ago, rjfry said:

I don't know how to respond to that I may get banned, yes had it on the CPU fan header but I think it is because the default settings are halt on all errors, I will look into it this morning then I can get windows installed and start updating, as a simmer I am ashamed to say it looks like a fairground inside with the lighting the Gskill rgb and the cooler, I have indulged myself with this build and at my age I should know better, I was tempted to stick in some intel optane memory but I resisted.

Ray Fry.

Your not suppose to post images, I think? Last time I was in a forum topic and they were posting pictures and they moved the topics to screen shots. That's what we mean. And darn if I didn't think about the reply posting another picture :) I should have know better.

ca_metal,

Double Secret Probation ban, Animal House movie reference :)

Looks like maybe if you use images not too often and they are not like, flying images, but rather images like have been posted here, you just might not run into the situation. So in other words post a picture of your completed system, ( if you don't mind ) when up and running, so we can see the pretty lights flashing right?

I`M up and running on the rig just finished installing windows 10 and updates this is my first post on the new rig, now to spend the rest of the day loading it up and tweaking the bios, the problem with the CPU error is because it cannot see the fan you have to go into Q, Fan control and reconfigure the settings.

Ray Fry.

Raymond Fry.

Now steam have locked me out think I'm a bandit, no flight sim :b_hantu:.

Ray Fry.

Raymond Fry.

21 minutes ago, rjfry said:

Now steam have locked me out think I'm a bandit, no flight sim :b_hantu:.

Ray Fry.

Did you try the wrong password too many times or has your account been highjacked?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5421-QTFB-3090

Congrats on the new build by the way. It can be frustrating at times...

I did a new build earlier this year and had no problems with Steam, so maybe it's something minor...

I downloaded steam unable to login set up new password ok through support , try to log in with new password no joy, had 5 emails from support none have worked.

good job I have the disc version of FSX, may be the only flight sim at the moment or jump ship to P3D.

Ray Fry.

Raymond Fry.