Sign in to follow this  
in2tech

Who is considering new pc builds, laptop's, for FSW?

1 hour ago, rjfry said:

I downloaded steam unable to login set up new password ok through support , try to log in with new password no joy, had 5 emails from support none have worked.

good job I have the disc version of FSX, may be the only flight sim at the moment or jump ship to P3D.

Ray Fry.

Don't give up hope, it's not DTG, other people have had this problem before. Valve is pretty good at security. At least for now(Equifax), lol

No it not DTG others have had the same problem I`ll sort it still tweaking the system anyway.

Ray Fry.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I have been tweaking the system this motherboard is the overclockers dream been up to 5.1ghz no problem on stress test have settled for 4.9ghz at the moment, need give it a long burn in the chip looks good it`s pot luck what you get, even the water block is handling the heat well not above 37d, I may do a manual overclock later this week and see if I can nudge it to 5.1ghz on a long run.

Ray Fry.

Raymond Fry.

22 hours ago, rjfry said:

I have been tweaking the system this motherboard is the overclockers dream been up to 5.1ghz no problem on stress test have settled for 4.9ghz at the moment, need give it a long burn in the chip looks good it`s pot luck what you get, even the water block is handling the heat well not above 37d, I may do a manual overclock later this week and see if I can nudge it to 5.1ghz on a long run.

Ray Fry.

Nice, congratulations on your build and getting everything sorted out! Did you ever get back into Steam?

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

Steam no not yet I`m still playing and tweaking I have two more 140m RGB silent fans on the way not they are needed at the moment, my water block fans stop spinning when the temp drops the airflow I great in this Fractal R5 Case , but I`m going for overkill 5ghz stable, I`m on 4.9 now cpu temp 35d, max 41d, in fact I thought there was a problem at first when the rad fans stopped until I checked the temp 30d, even the backplate on my MSI 1080 is just warm to touch, as soon as I throw flight sim at it that will test it no more demanding software out there, they should use it in benchmark tools.

some years ago tomshardware site did use MSFS due to request from members but dropped it later.

Ray Fry. 

Raymond Fry.

Still cannot get my new PC logged into my steam account, and on the steam forums they are saying you install steam on more than one PC you own.

Raymond Fry.

I have sorted the problem now downloading FSX and FSW.

Raymond Fry.

On 9/13/2017 at 3:00 AM, rjfry said:

Still cannot get my new PC logged into my steam account, and on the steam forums they are saying you install steam on more than one PC you own.

Where you logged in on another machine? Was that the problem? Maybe a few pictures if you don't mind? Some people do mind posting images of their computer, can't say I blame them.

Have now installed FSW and FSX:SE but not done much flying. been tweaking the pc fitted another 140mm case fan and using AI suite 3 bench tested and did 3 runs of extreme software clocking, it was able to get to 5ghz even when I set the max temp setting to 81deg, have now created a profile in the software for FSW exe and FSX:SE exe to run at full clock with the memory also up to 4400ghz. With the EVGA 280 water cooler CPU never went over 77deg when max.   

Raymond Fry.

1 hour ago, rjfry said:

You can see the start of the build with the motherboard, I'm taking a risk posting this but I hope Jim will forgive me as I am advertising avsim as you can see. 

Really nice steup. 

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

3 hours ago, rjfry said:

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4383/36845286120_74262da9dd.jpg

37169262731_217da2d244.jpg

You can see the start of the build with the motherboard, I'm taking a risk posting this but I hope Jim will forgive me as I am advertising avsim as you can see. 

37053081826_525e0d061a.jpg

Thanks for the photo's! Really nice, mod's forgive him please. I asked for the photo's! :)