Orlaam

A2A Integration

I am ready to purchase this product, since I miss having it in FS, as I did in FS9.  Problem is, A2A have the F1 GTN integrated into their Comanche and others.  A2A seem to think a line of communication won't develop to assist with integration, but I know people would buy the GNS if it's integrated.  I want it to fit the panel properly.  :mellow:  Yes I own the F1 GTN, but want the ability to put the GNS in.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Chris,

I think A2A's comment referred to past difficulties in communicating with RXP when trying to integrate the GNS units into their products. (I have read similar accounts from other developers too.)

Hopefully now that Jean-Luc has re-entered the market as an active developer, there will be no problem with ongoing communication and support. :smile:

Thanks,

Nick

I understand your concern and believe me I'm sadden with this. Nevertheless, the GNS shouldn't have caused any particular problem to integrate, it is just a gauge after all which you find integrated with many other aircraft than A2A's.

The GNS V2 is even simpler, in that you now have a 'nobezel' option, it can use standard GPS commands for interfacing the knobs and buttons, all settings are accessible from a GUI.

Furthermore, 3rd party aircraft vendors can 'lock' any particular ini file setting to ensure the integration is not broken by customers changing options through the GUI, and most of all, all the integration know-how is now in the User's Manual and doesn't require any assistance from RXP most of the time!