Sign in to follow this  
Moonwolf

Checklist script question

I have had a brief look at scripting checklists and "triggering" events seem to be missing?

E.g. Copilot action/response/checklist is triggered by a certain altitude/speed/whatever.

E.g. Copilot is announcing altitude/speed/whatever at certain intervals during a checklist.

Thanks 

Michael

On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 4:01 PM, Moonwolf said:

I have had a brief look at scripting checklists and "triggering" events seem to be missing?

E.g. Copilot action/response/checklist is triggered by a certain altitude/speed/whatever.

E.g. Copilot is announcing altitude/speed/whatever at certain intervals during a checklist.

Thanks 

Michael

I'm not sure I can follow.

Could you elaborate further?

Lets say I want a checklist where the copilot in intervals is reporting current radar altitude and also warning of low altitude when needed? Can this be done with the PF asking every time?

Thanks

Michael

1 hour ago, Moonwolf said:

Lets say I want a checklist where the copilot in intervals is reporting current radar altitude and also warning of low altitude when needed? Can this be done with the PF asking every time?

Thanks

Michael

MCE does it like in the real world.

The checklist is just that, FO reads a line, you reply and he makes sure the item is set as expected.

He also makes other call-outs (like 1000 to go) and warnings (nagging when deviating from assigned hdg, spd or alt bug when option "enable nagging" is ticked).

He only reports monitors radio altitude at 100, 500 feet and at the minimums.

There is a feature for BVI pilots whereby FO announces radio altitudes between 150 and 10 feet in latest version (must enable Narrator in MCE UI to get them). In the real world, only aircraft that have a specific equipment get those radio altitude call-outs.

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

In the real world, only aircraft that have a specific equipment get those radio altitude call-outs.

Not true, in military, emergency services and other aviation like that, other checklists exist for specific purposes.

Unfortunately most tools like MCE are primarily for tubeliner A to B usage.

I guess I got my answer though, so I will have to keep looking.

Thanks

Michael

3 hours ago, Moonwolf said:

Not true, in military, emergency services and other aviation like that, other checklists exist for specific purposes.

Unfortunately most tools like MCE are primarily for tubeliner A to B usage.

I guess I got my answer though, so I will have to keep looking.

Thanks

Michael

Hi. 

In our simulator world, depending upon what your flying, the aircraft may have a working GPWS. If that's what you are looking for?

You can ask the FO for current altitude at any time. 

In my understanding, a check-list should be employed after a flow has been completed. The checklist then ensures that PF and PNF concur upon the correct orientation of aircraft systems. MCE uses an active checklist feature that in fully supported aircraft, can accurately monitor every switch position and thus the MCE checklist is an accurate feature seen in real flight decks. One can even disable the accurate check feature in aircraft that are not 100% supported. I don't believe I have encountered a check list that may be employed in an altitude monitoring situation? 

As Gerald has said, you can hear FO call outs with the narrator function activated, to monitor altitudes, below 150.

If you require a co-pilot/navigator/observer, to call out low altitudes, as in a helicopter rescue situation, the simulation dev would need to program that in. The A2A Connie has the crew call  out from 100' down to 10, but there were four chaps on the flight deck so eight eyeballs available.  

For simming now, it's the mk 1 eyeball. We can manage that in the Tonka at 100' through the Mach loop, so I guess it's down to the pilot to monitor.

Regards

David

5 hours ago, FS++ said:

I'm guessing, the OP is probably into choppers rather than fixed wing aircraft.

Exactly right :cool:

6 hours ago, charlie130 said:

If you require a co-pilot/navigator/observer, to call out low altitudes, as in a helicopter rescue situation, the simulation dev would need to program that in.

Not necessarily.

The "event triggers" are already in use as Gerald mentions, but they are just not accessible to the user.

Michael