Sign in to follow this  
godimaginedme

Variable Items in checklist

Thank you for this wonderful product and fantastic customer support!

I am trying to emulate my company's checklists and there are some items that are variable such as:

1) Fuel quantity...........____ Planned, ____ Checked

2) Altimeters ............. ____ IN/HPA QNH, ___Ft (i.e. 2-9-9-2 Inches QNH, 20 feet)

3) Trim...............____Units, 0,0

4) Flaps................____ Planned, ____Set

5) Landing Data....................VREF____, Minimums____

There are also some non normal checklists that i'll create for engine failures and the like. Is there a way to simulate these responses. I don't necessarily need the FO to respond correctly, but for practice, I'd like to be able to say the correct thing. 

Also, for the conversation with the ground crew (GSX) is there a way that we can create company specific verbage? For instance, we need to request clearance to pressurize hydraulics prior to releasing the parking brake.

"Cockpit to ground"
"Go Ahead"
"You're cleared to disconnect external power, request clearance to pressurize hydraulics"
"You're cleared to pressurize, standing by for pushback"
"Cockpit to ground, you're cleared for pushback, tail West/East/North/South/Left/Right/Straight"

Thank you!

On 9/5/2017 at 5:12 PM, godimaginedme said:

I am trying to emulate my company's checklists and there are some items that are variable such as:

2) Altimeters ............. ____ IN/HPA QNH, ___Ft (i.e. 2-9-9-2 Inches QNH, 20 feet)

There are also some non normal checklists that i'll create for engine failures and the like. Is there a way to simulate these responses. I don't necessarily need the FO to respond correctly, but for practice, I'd like to be able to say the correct thing. 

Also, for the conversation with the ground crew (GSX) is there a way that we can create company specific verbage? For instance, we need to request clearance to pressurize hydraulics prior to releasing the parking brake.

"Cockpit to ground"
"Go Ahead"
"You're cleared to disconnect external power, request clearance to pressurize hydraulics"
"You're cleared to pressurize, standing by for pushback"
"Cockpit to ground, you're cleared for pushback, tail West/East/North/South/Left/Right/Straight"

Thank you!

Good to hear you're enjoying our implementation of a multi crew experience.

Will get back to you regarding checklist.

As for interaction with mechanic, here is how you can achieve that.

Go to "Command" tab in MCE UI and click <Voxscript>

In Voxscript overview panel, you'll need to create a new custom flow.

Before you begin, decide whether the new flow is going to apply to any aircraft or the one currently loaded in the sim.

If you want it to apply to any aircraft, de-select option "show scripts for current aircraft only".

Click <New> button, and type whatever sentence you want to use as the trigger. For this example, type this

You're cleared to disconnect external power request clearance to pressurize hydraulics

The trigger sentence will be listed .

Select it and click <Edit> button.

In "Script Properties" panel, enable option "Verbose" if you want to hear what the mechanic says or  leave it off for silent execution.

Click <Edit script Commands>

In "Script commands" panel, add whatever built-in speech command as if you had to give it individually. For instance, the built-in command for asking mechanic to ensure everything is ready for push is "ground are you ready for pushback".

So, click <Command> button and type that built-in command. 

Do not forget to save the script.

From then on, when you speak your custom sentence, it would act as if you gave all the commands in the flow individually and in the sequence and pace you set in the flow.

Alternatively, could just use the built-in "ground disconnect ground power" speech command.

Once you have the script working as expected, clone it and type an alternative sentence that would trigger it "You're cleared to pressurize, standing by for pushback"

For the third one "Cockpit to ground, you're cleared for pushback, tail West/East/North/South/Left/Right/Straight"...

You'll need to create 3 separate trigger sentences, depending on push direction.

For this variant "Cockpit to ground, you're cleared for pushback, tail Left"

script should include this single command "ground pushback left".

If you have real world recordings of safety briefing for your airline, this is a good place to add a command to play that sound (must be in wav file audio format), as part of the flow.

Do the same for other push directions.

I know in real world, one can ask something like "pushback facing east" and we tried to implement that many years ago. Unfortunately, it proved very tricky and unreliable. So just stick to "push to the left/right/straight" for now.

Edited by FS++
typos

On ‎05‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 5:12 PM, godimaginedme said:

Thank you!

Sorry to keep you waiting.

It turned out it was already implemented years ago, and maybe documentation didn't make it clear.

I haven't checked all items, but if you write this one as follows

[ ] Fuel quantity      --     _ Planned _ Checked

Basically, where you want to utter anything use a single underline character "_", no more. And don't use punctuation in checklist lines either.

Have tested it and could say "nineteen tons planned twenty tons checked".

If FO argues too much because he can't work out what he needs to check, use the option "No State check" in MCE UI, <Checklist> tab and he'll just read the line and accept any answer.

Eventually, could send your final checklist to support and specify aircraft, and we'll make sure FO can actually check most items, so you don't have to use the option above.

9 hours ago, FS++ said:

Sorry to keep you waiting.

It turned out it was already implemented years ago, and maybe documentation didn't make it clear.

I haven't checked all items, but if you write this one as follows

[ ] Fuel quantity      --     _ Planned _ Checked

Basically, where you want to utter anything use a single underline character "_", no more. And don't use punctuation in checklist lines either.

Have tested it and could say "nineteen tons planned twenty tons checked".

If FO argues too much because he can't work out what he needs to check, use the option "No State check" in MCE UI, <Checklist> tab and he'll just read the line and accept any answer.

Eventually, could send your final checklist to support and specify aircraft, and we'll make sure FO can actually check most items, so you don't have to use the option above.

You're the best, Gerald!

Thank you!

Very informative thread once again. Please let me chime in here with some related questions.

Btw. did you ever think about working on a kind of complete all-in-one Advanced User Manual that contains all the in-depth information you give here on the forum? There are so many most valuable features, tips and tricks all over the forum not mentioned in the existing Manuals and easily getting lost in all those different threads. Would be most appreciated.

Probably because I rarely use the MCE-UI but rather open a file in Editor to create/edit a voicescript, I wasn't really aware that there can be custom non-aircraft-specific scripts. Do I assume correctly that those go into the ...MyVoiceScripts\Copilot\Aircraft\All folder? And that an aircraft specific script with the same name would take precedence?

If I include “Ground disconnect groundpower” in a voicescript I still get asked to confirm that. And I wasn't able to solve that within the voicescript. A “yes” after a pause in the script did not work. I always have to say “yes” myself to make ground finally disconnect the GPU. Is there a way around that?

And maybe related to that: You know I earlier reported problems with the “start engines before pushback” routine during the GSX pushback. I found that when I speak myself “ground are you ready for pushback” and then “ground pushback to the left” I get asked for the “start engines before pushback”-option properly. I can answer to that and it is processed properly. Apart from the FO and the Mechanic still talking over each after my response – could you please change the timing here, maybe give the mechanic a 5-10 seconds delay - it's quite annoying.

But when I include “ground are you ready for pushback” and “ground pushback to the left” into a voicescript, MCE/GSX skips through the “start engines before pushback”-option without the chance for me to give an answer (resulting in GSX to wait for me to start the engines before starting the pushback every time). Any idea why that is happening?

And one more question regarding the voicescript options. I always wondered why there isn't a command like “keypress=” to include a keypress into the voicescript. As it is now I have to setup a voxkey command for a keypress and then include that voxkey command into the voicescript. Isn't it possible to achieve that without the detour via voxkey?

Thanks a lot!

6 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Very informative thread once again. Please let me chime in here with some related questions.

Btw. did you ever think about working on a kind of complete all-in-one Advanced User Manual that contains all the in-depth information you give here on the forum? There are so many most valuable features, tips and tricks all over the forum not mentioned in the existing Manuals and easily getting lost in all those different threads. Would be most appreciated.

It's hard for manuals to follow, when you have this unique piece of software going through endless iterations over a decade, with new things added all the time. The package is really massive and time consuming to maintain. Documentation comes last. We encourage users to subscribe and watch David's videos.

He leaves no stone unturned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYx0PyJqI3uJm5xyUpp9MwQ

Probably because I rarely use the MCE-UI but rather open a file in Editor to create/edit a voicescript, I wasn't really aware that there can be custom non-aircraft-specific scripts. Do I assume correctly that those go into the ...MyVoiceScripts\Copilot\Aircraft\All folder? And that an aircraft specific script with the same name would take precedence?

Assumption is correct regarding location. Flows in <All> folder should have precedence over others in aircraft folders because they are fed to the speech engine first

If I include “Ground disconnect groundpower” in a voicescript I still get asked to confirm that. And I wasn't able to solve that within the voicescript. A “yes” after a pause in the script did not work. I always have to say “yes” myself to make ground finally disconnect the GPU. Is there a way around that?

Normally, a "Yes" in flow is no longer needed. MCE automatically assumes a scripted command is intended. At least that's the case with FO. Maybe that wasn't extended to mechanic interaction. Will have to check.

And maybe related to that: You know I earlier reported problems with the “start engines before pushback” routine during the GSX pushback. I found that when I speak myself “ground are you ready for pushback” and then “ground pushback to the left” I get asked for the “start engines before pushback”-option properly. I can answer to that and it is processed properly. Apart from the FO and the Mechanic still talking over each after my response – could you please change the timing here, maybe give the mechanic a 5-10 seconds delay - it's quite annoying.

Same as previous issue. Try adding a long delay (say 20 to 30 seconds) before the "ground push back to the left" command in the flow.

But when I include “ground are you ready for pushback” and “ground pushback to the left” into a voicescript, MCE/GSX skips through the “start engines before pushback”-option without the chance for me to give an answer (resulting in GSX to wait for me to start the engines before starting the pushback every time). Any idea why that is happening?

By design the prompts only occur when the command isn't scripted, I guess it was the reason. Will be changed for that particular prompt.

And one more question regarding the voicescript options. I always wondered why there isn't a command like “keypress=” to include a keypress into the voicescript. As it is now I have to setup a voxkey command for a keypress and then include that voxkey command into the voicescript. Isn't it possible to achieve that without the detour via voxkey?

Good suggestion. Will probably be added later.

But don't count on it within the next three months. There's the CRJ plus 2 other X-Plane aircraft being interfaced, not to mention maintenance on all reported small issues here and there. 

Thanks a lot!

You're welcome

Replies embedded above.

Thanks for your replies.

Regarding the prompt for the engine before pushback option I would be happy if the prompt would be skipped - but with the default answer "no", so that GSX initiates the pushback and lets me start the engines after the pushback has started.

Hello, im having some trouble with the pressurization mode selector switch in the PMDG 737 NGXu, here is my checklist

[ ] Oxygen    -- Tested 100 percent //3
[ ] Navigation transfer and display switches -- NORMAL, AUTO //2
[ ] Window heat -- ON //2
[ ] Pressurization mode selector -- AUTO //2
[ ] Flight instruments --    HEADING_, ALTIMETER_ //3 
[ ] Speed brake lever --    DOWN DETENT //1 
[ ] Parking brake --  SET //1
[ ] Engine start levers -- CUTOFF //1

These two items are checked and responded by the copilot but the thing here is that are just responded but not verified, in contrast window heat is responded and if not in the correct position it automatically put it on.

Hope somebody can help me with these item.

Fer

18 hours ago, Icaro_07 said:

Hello, im having some trouble with the pressurization mode selector switch in the PMDG 737 NGXu, here is my checklist

[ ] Oxygen    -- Tested 100 percent //3
[ ] Navigation transfer and display switches -- NORMAL, AUTO //2
[ ] Window heat -- ON //2
[ ] Flight instruments --    HEADING_, ALTIMETER_ //3 
[ ] Speed brake lever --    DOWN DETENT //1 
[ ] Parking brake --  SET //1
[ ] Engine start levers -- CUTOFF //1

These two items are checked and responded by the copilot but the thing here is that are just responded but not verified, in contrast window heat is responded and if not in the correct position it automatically put it on.

Hope somebody can help me with these item.

Fer

Replace this line "[ ] Navigation transfer and display switches -- NORMAL, AUTO //2" with

[ ] Navigation transfer and display switches -- As Required //2

You can then reply with "Normal" or "Auto". I'm not sure IF FO checks this specific item.

Item above should be adderees in next update. Maybe FO was trying to emulate the "737 disaster" 😛

Thanks for your response, but I want the copilot check the nav and transfer switches in normal and auto but I think I have to separate the items to be checked.

hope the update reach this items too.

About the pressurization I think I’ll have to wait to the next update. 

thanks again

Fer

On 5/16/2021 at 9:51 PM, Icaro_07 said:

Thanks for your response, but I want the copilot check the nav and transfer switches in normal and auto but I think I have to separate the items to be checked.

hope the update reach this items too.

About the pressurization I think I’ll have to wait to the next update. 

thanks again

Fer

Pressurization switch check sorted and will be in upcoming patch.

As for the other items, each needs its own line

Thanks, i see now two more problems, when i use //2 some times the copilot request an answer for me and is there a way that the copilot say the status of an item, what i mean if the APU is on say APU on or if it is off say that status.