Sign in to follow this  
DrumsArt

Ground control transfer to tower frequency ?

I noted that the Ground control never gives me the voice command to switch on the Tower frequency. There is only one message written in the Vox main window.

Is this the normal procedure in USA? In real I am supposed to pass on the tower frequency without a ground control request once arrived at the take-off runway stop point ?

Thank you and Regards,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

On 9/10/2017 at 10:15 PM, DrumsArt said:

I noted that the Ground control never gives me the voice command to switch on the Tower frequency. There is only one message written in the Vox main window.

Is this the normal procedure in USA? In real I am supposed to pass on the tower frequency without a ground control request once arrived at the take-off runway stop point ?

Thank you and Regards,

The real procedure is that you are not supposed to switch frequencies until directed to do so by the controller. In this case, Ground. In reality, when things are busy, Ground can sometimes forget about you. You can remind them by requesting permission to switch to the tower frequency. This works in VoxATC, but it is a work around to a problem. They shouldn't forget about you every time ;-)

5 hours ago, Mad_Mac said:

The real procedure is that you are not supposed to switch frequencies until directed to do so by the controller. In this case, Ground. In reality, when things are busy, Ground can sometimes forget about you. You can remind them by requesting permission to switch to the tower frequency. This works in VoxATC, but it is a work around to a problem. They shouldn't forget about you every time ;-)

That was what I thought thank you for the confirmation, curiously yesterday when leaving KLAS, the ground asked me to monitor the frequency of the tower (it was the first time). I guess that's the correct procedure. I will report to the author.

Regards,

2 hours ago, supersym said:

Did you run the "runway number update"  if you use navdata ?

I had the same issue...

Yes then the Indexer...

Regards,