Sign in to follow this  
GeoSkyman

P3d 4 advise

I use p3d4 and run with gtx1080ti. My FPS are average 30-35 usually. When I undock a new window on the second monitor my fps goes up to 60. Could anyone tell me why and explain me the reason why only undock a second

new window increases the fps?

Georgios

Weird indeed. I'll let someone else answer that for you as I've personally never experienced it. If you want to increase the fps then lower your settings like auto gen and scenery draw.

5 hours ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

I use p3d4 and run with gtx1080ti. My FPS are average 30-35 usually. When I undock a new window on the second monitor my fps goes up to 60. Could anyone tell me why and explain me the reason why only undock a second

new window increases the fps?

Georgios

Which window are you undocking there, and which aircraft? Just a guess, but for example - if you are using a complex airliner like PMDG and you are undocking PFD, 3d display has a refresh rate of 30 or 20 while 2d display has 15 i belive. Refresh rate affects fps. It could be something else, of course, this is just an example

Thank you for your replies. Well I have my main monitor connected with HDMI 49 inches 4 k and two 27 inches using my navigraph, active sky p3d4 flight plan.map. I use PMDG b737 always while flying. Usually and always I get a stable 30-35 fps with smooth performance. While I indock a new window, external view of the PMDG in either the other monitor, my fps increases to 60-66 airborne. While in dense airport during approaching, decreases to 40-45. Very strange while my setting are well high.

Georgios