Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
FredricG

Brakes stuck in the ON position

Recommended Posts

I recently downloaded the Tupolev Tu-144 by Nikita Konstantinov, and let me say it is an amazing freeware aircraft. Yes, setting up my joystick was problematic, but I eventually was able to do it. However, I noticed my brakes were stuck in the on position - Unable to engage the parking or differential brakes. I do not have any rudder pedals, just a joystick. I have tried mapping a brake key to the keyboard but I can't seem to release the brakes. On every other aircraft, I can use the brakes just fine. Is there an fsx.cfg, panel.cfg or aircraft.cfg setting I can change to alleviate this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will download and try this aircraft to see if I see the same thing!  Will report back.


Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

                                     

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I downloaded the aircraft from Rikooo.  No aircraft body showed up.  Where did you download from?  Big discussion on this aircraft at SOH with some update links.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/86929-Flying-Supersonic-Tu-144-Charger-v3-5


Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

                                     

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, anything from that rooskie website gets immediately incinerated by my antivirus protection.  I won't turn it off, so you may be on your own with this one.  My only advice

would be not to open that window!


Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

                                     

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, charliearon said:

Sorry, anything from that rooskie website gets immediately incinerated by my antivirus protection.  I won't turn it off, so you may be on your own with this one.  My only

advice would be not to open that window!

That window is the only window that you can configure your joysticks in. If I don't use that window, I will be unable to control the aircraft. Somehow, I will try to find a way. But is there any setting I can change relating to the brakes in a .cfg file, maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, FredricG said:

That window is the only window that you can configure your joysticks in. If I don't use that window, I will be unable to control the aircraft. Somehow, I will try to find a way. But is there any setting I can change relating to the brakes in a .cfg file, maybe?

Your first sentence makes no sense.  What are you configuring in your joystick(s)?  I know of

nothing in any of the .cfgs that cause the brake light to stay on.


Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

                                     

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Your first sentence makes no sense.  What are you configuring in your joystick(s)?  I know of

nothing in any of the .cfgs that cause the brake light to stay on.

In order to properly configure the joystick for the Tu-144, you have to do it from this window. https://prnt.sc/gnz5ks You press Shift+5 to open it, and through this you can map your joystick to the aircraft's controls. There is no other way to do it. You can't configure them through FSX or FSUIPC for this plane, it has to be done through this pop-up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, so it's not configure once and forget it, then?  Sounds like too much of a pain to deal with!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          


Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

                                     

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

Here's a (lengthy) information thread on the Tu-144 on SOH:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/86929-Flying-Supersonic-Tu-144-Charger-v3-5

 

Maybe you'll find something about the brakes there.

Looks like the same link to SOH I gave in post 20 hours ago!:blink:


Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

                                     

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2017 at 12:30 PM, FredricG said:

I recently downloaded the Tupolev Tu-144 by Nikita Konstantinov, and let me say it is an amazing freeware aircraft. Yes, setting up my joystick was problematic, but I eventually was able to do it. However, I noticed my brakes were stuck in the on position - Unable to engage the parking or differential brakes. I do not have any rudder pedals, just a joystick. I have tried mapping a brake key to the keyboard but I can't seem to release the brakes. On every other aircraft, I can use the brakes just fine. Is there an fsx.cfg, panel.cfg or aircraft.cfg setting I can change to alleviate this?

Hello FredricG, I was googling because I was facing the same problem you have, and I find out a solution, I've donwload the files from another website and now everything is working great. I don't know if I can post site link from outside the AVSIM, so PM me I can send you the link. 

Best regards, Gabriel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    18%
    $4,640.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...