Sign in to follow this  
ms2

40$ is not 140$... About Carenado

4 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

This becomes a glass-half-full vs glass-half-empty argument...

I am not offering up any excuses for Carenado, they can clearly do better.

But, what I am saying, is that just like the default airplanes in P3D are not the best,

you can replace them with payware airplanes.

Likewise, as Carenado avionics are not the best, you can replace them with payware avionics  :cool:

Up to you to decide if you like that combination or not - I do.

Ironically the default aircraft I love the most is Carenado's A36 which Lockheed Martin felt was good enough to include with the sim.  I had it as a payware aircraft in FSX, it was nice getting it for free.

John

10 minutes ago, Cactus521 said:

I miss RealAir, they were the best on doing everything right.  Eye candy, instrumentation and flight dynamics were their forte.  I don't understand why they dropped out of business, they deserved our support and delivered a product superior to Carenado, even down to visual detail in their Duke.  They were truly the GA maker to beat, IMHO.

John 

Agree, my B60 Duke and Lancair Legacy are on my all time favorites list.

Perfect in every detail. :biggrin:

Even there, however, RXP or Flight1 Garmin avionics add another layer of sophistication and realism..

Thank goodness that it is now possible to make it all work in P3DV4, even with RealAir out of business.

I feel the same way about Baytower's RV7.. unmatched feeling of sitting in the cockpit and a delight to fly, even with Baytower out of business, as well. 

Bert

2 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Agree, my B60 Duke and Lancair Legacy are on my all time favorites list.

Perfect in every detail. :biggrin:

Even there, however, RXP or Flight1 Garmin avionics add another layer of sophistication and realism..

Thank goodness that it is now possible to make it all work in P3DV4, even with RealAir out of business.

I feel the same way about Baytower's RV7.. unmatched feeling of sitting in the cockpit and a delight to fly, even with Baytower out of business, as well. 

Sadly I lost the Duke when my old system crashed, I could not remember my sign in details being that I bought it several years ago, so I can't restore it.  I don't have an email address to seek help with, I know they have me on file.

John

Hello again to you all,

I just to add an unmentioned aspect to the topic "$40 is not $140 - about Carenado"

I would like to start firstly with the fact that I do not own any Carenado aircraft on any platform.  I have basically avoided them because of the forum comments (which really have not changed one iota since I first became a forum member) mostly complaints about complexity and praise for candy (looks) They, to me, have an iron-clad business script which is incorruptible and unchanging despite the comments and complaints.  That is their perogative and I wont comment on that any further.

However, going back to the title of the topic, if it takes a $70 GTN guage, and/or other payware fixes (Navigraph etc) to make them "flyable and or enjoyable, then I would suggest very strongly that the $40 aspect is only for the people who want eye candy.   

In reality, if you want to join the "add-on" brigade, Carenado are then competing in the "BIG BOYS' area which you do not really need the add-ons for. 

There is obviously a market for their product, regardless of whether you or I collectively, think of them poorly. I think personally, that the Phenom 300 with GTN and Navigraph is a great combination but ... if you compare that with the ESDG Citation, that aircraft is cheaper, is more functional and is more complex  to fly.

It really is a "horses for courses" scenerio and I do NOT want to start any war of words to this. They have oft been stated in so many different ways.

I am happy with my choices and I genuinely hope everybody else is as well.

Cheers to all

Tony

• Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

6 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

This becomes a glass-half-full vs glass-half-empty argument...

Bert and Cactus and everybody, Hello!

A good and reasonnable end for this topic... 

As Don Quichotte, I take some time, the defense of lost causes. Middle level addons in sim have their places too.

With Carenado, I'm happy to have very realistic cockpit in 3d. As in real aircrafts when a gauge is inop, directely the first mind is "to make with" and rapidely a solution finding, for me it is a part of sim flying pleasure. This no more a question of life as in the real but I keep this mind. Very good stuff include unattended failures, it is a very good idea... Perfect addons who never have failures bore me a little because that is never realistic in real.

I was glad to deal with you, thanks to all, have a nice flight today ;-))

Mark

Cactus for realair... I think that the developper was very seek and perhaps no more in our skies. A great developper indeed...