Sign in to follow this  
james42

Cant register

Hello, I've just purchased a new pc and I'm going through the process of reinstalling flight simulator and my addons. The last thing I need to do is install radar contact. But unfortunately, I cant. When entering the registration key that was sent to me in an email the registration window just closes. I am entering it exactly as shown in the email with no spaces. I'm using windows 10 pro with FSX steam edition. 

Thanks. 

James,

Hard to say why the supplied key won't work. Suggest you write to Doug at dthompss@comcast.net

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

James,

Hard to say why the supplied key won't work. Suggest you write to Doug at dthompss@comcast.net

Will do, thanks.

In supplying the information for registration did you include "-" only if it was in the product code displayed? If copying the e-mail key supplied did you insure the cursor in pasting exactly rested under before the first character and immediately after the last character? In other words you should not be able to move the cursor in front of the key and the cursor should rest after the last character.

If you have notepad or worpad set in text mode only, try copying the key to them to clean it up and the copy/paste from them.

I can confirm there is no "-" in my product code. Also, im making sure to only include the code its self when selecting it with no space at either end.  I also tried copying it out of notepad but still no luck. When I paste the key into the box the window starts not responding or simply just closes. This is about the 4th time I've installed radar contact after various flight sim reinstalls and new pc's and never had a single problem.