Recommended Posts

Hello,

on my last flight with MCE and PF3 I encountered one or two problems.

Even though I was "flying solo", as confirmed by the UI, MCE was answering ATC calls. I tried activating and deactivating the FO, and restarting MCE, but the FO was there to stay. On my last flight I didn't have this problem, and I'm pretty sure the only thing I changed was to activate the TGS voice in PF3. Will cross-check that.

While he was handing ATC, he was often talked-over. I guess he didn't use the PF3's game key?

Another minor problem I've had for a while: The MCE UI pops up in the foreground a few moments after start-up and when switching to full screen, which is a little annoying.

Anyone else seeing this?

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

11 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

Hello,

on my last flight with MCE and PF3 I encountered one or two problems.

Even though I was "flying solo", as confirmed by the UI, MCE was answering ATC calls. I tried activating and deactivating the FO, and restarting MCE, but the FO was there to stay. On my last flight I didn't have this problem, and I'm pretty sure the only thing I changed was to activate the TGS voice in PF3. Will cross-check that.

While he was handing ATC, he was often talked-over. I guess he didn't use the PF3's game key?

Another minor problem I've had for a while: The MCE UI pops up in the foreground a few moments after start-up and when switching to full screen, which is a little annoying.

Anyone else seeing this?

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Will wait for others to confirm.

As for the UI, you can prevent it drawing altogether as follows.

In "General" tab MCE UI click <More options> button.

In "Advanced Options" panel, enable option "Start to tray".

MCE UI won't show up until you locate the system tray brownish icon, right-click it and select "show control panel".

All I can suggest for now, in case your mce.ini config file is messed-up, is to restore MCE to factory settings. No need for speech training.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am away from my computer these days so I cannot test for myself.

You can work around your issue when flying solo by saying "I have ATC" as soon as MCE is ready. Your non-existing FO should remain silent then.

Not sure if it happened to me because I usually keep my virtual FO even when "flying solo" just to be able to dial frequencies by speech which I find very helpful.

 

The FO being talked over by PF3 happens to me also, but only right at the start of the FO talking. I guess the problem is that the AI chatter process of PF3 has already started in the background before the suspend key was sent by MCE. Not sure if PF3 or MCE can do anything about that timing issue.

If your FO gets talked over later on, try to use a different key than DEL for the suspend key in PF3. The simultaneous use of the DEL key in MCE and PF3 might be a problem. 

 

The menu popping also occurs to me lately, which didn't happen earlier. Will have to check if one of the last updates changed something in my MCE.ini.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, FS++ said:

As for the UI, you can prevent it drawing altogether as follows.

In "General" tab MCE UI click <More options> button.

In "Advanced Options" panel, enable option "Start to tray".

MCE UI won't show up until you locate the system tray brownish icon, right-click it and select "show control panel".

All I can suggest for now, in case your mce.ini config file is messed-up, is to restore MCE to factory settings. No need for speech training.

Roger, will try those suggestions.

20 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

You can work around your issue when flying solo by saying "I have ATC" as soon as MCE is ready.

 

If your FO gets talked over later on, try to use a different key than DEL for the suspend key in PF3. The simultaneous use of the DEL key in MCE and PF3 might be a problem.

I tried saying "I have ATC" and versions. Should the FO confirm that? He didn't in my case.

My game key in PF3 is Ctrl + Shift + G.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

 

I tried saying "I have ATC" and versions. Should the FO confirm that? He didn't in my case.

Normally he should.

But since he is deactivated according to your report maybe he doesn't - so the "I have ATC" command does not work either.

Just speculating here. I guess this has to be answered by the devs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:07 AM, d.tsakiris said:

Hello,

on my last flight with MCE and PF3 I encountered one or two problems.

Even though I was "flying solo", as confirmed by the UI, MCE was answering ATC calls. I tried activating and deactivating the FO, and restarting MCE, but the FO was there to stay. On my last flight I didn't have this problem, and I'm pretty sure the only thing I changed was to activate the TGS voice in PF3. Will cross-check that.

While he was handing ATC, he was often talked-over. I guess he didn't use the PF3's game key?

Another minor problem I've had for a while: The MCE UI pops up in the foreground a few moments after start-up and when switching to full screen, which is a little annoying.

Anyone else seeing this?

Kind regards,

Dimitri

What simulator are you on?

If it's P3D V4, download replacement fsInsider64.dll

Replace dll in \Prepar3D v4\ main installation folder.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, d.tsakiris said:

Check, V4. Will test the new file. What are the changes, if I may ask?

FSUIPC changed the way it displays ATC options from a window that used to be named either "Radar Contact ATC" or "FSUIPC Display" to "Simconnect message Window".

As a result, MCE would no longer be able to control that window with both PF3 and RC4.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took a while, but today I had time to test the new version 2.7.3.4. At first, it was as before, I had an unwanted FO. Resetting the ini didn't change that either. Then, in PF3, I changed my callsign from “Bonanza“ to “None“, and that seemed to do the trick!

But I noticed something else. In EzDok Cam 2.5, I have assigned the keys D and F to switching through the cameras. In certain situations, MCE seems to press the one or the other key right after I release the PTT. Can you think of any reason it would do that? Those keys aren't assigned in any other add-on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2017 at 11:01 PM, FS++ said:

As for the UI, you can prevent it drawing altogether as follows.

In "General" tab MCE UI click <More options> button.

In "Advanced Options" panel, enable option "Start to tray".

So, I tried that option. It works once, right after MCE start-up. If I leave and return to fullscreen mode, it's back, and then it doesn't auto-minimize. It practically always comes back when MCE re-establishes connection to the sim, as stated in the red text on the top of the sim's display.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now