Sign in to follow this  
supersym

GNS COM1 COM2 and Radio Panel Saitek

Hello !

I should like to swich the gns com1 to my radiopanel because I should like use the bottom from the radiopanel instead of those of the gns in the screen...It's more easy for my big fingers :biggrin:

Is that possible ?

Thanks 

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

Hi, I'm not sure to understand it all, but you can opt to install the GPS 500. It is like the GNS 530, with no NAV and no COM!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

No :biggrin:

I want "duplicate" COM1 from GNS 430 to COM1 of the radiopanel.

I should like to use the radiopanel's buttom to choise the frequency of com1...

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC

Ok, got it! The good news: there is nothing special to do.

Both the GNS V2 and the radio panel frequencies keep synchronized: you change the radios, it updates the GNS V2, you change the GNS V2, it updates the radios!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

well, on my system I have the A2a cherokee and the gns 430.

The gns 430 is on com1, but my radiopanel only shows com2 and nav2. The leds of com 1 and nav 1 are off...

WHat can I do ?

It depends what you want in the end:

1) You may configure the GNS V2 Unit1 to use COM2/NAV2

2) You may enable COM1/NAV1 radios in your aircraft.cfg file if they are disabled.

Typically in your aircraft.cfg file:

[Radios]
// Radio Type = availiable, standby frequency, has glide slope
Audio.1       = 1
Com.1         = 1, 1
Com.2         = 1, 1
Nav.1         = 1, 1, 1
Nav.2         = 1, 1, 0
Adf.1         = 1
Transponder.1 = 1
Marker.1      = 1

disabling com2 standby:

Com.2 = 1,0

Enabling G/S on NAV2:

Nav.2 = 1,1,1

etc...

thanks ! I will try :smile:

hello !

I can have com 2 with the gps and the radiopanel and change frequency with the radio panel on the gps. Smart !

But still impossible to have com 1 on the radio panel...

Is the radio panel offering both COM1/NAV1 and COM2/NAV2?

You GNS V2 now syncs with COM2/NAV2 and your COM2/NAV2 radios isn't it?

All is right with for instance the  beech baron without the GNS 430, COM1/NAV1 and COM2/NAV2 sync betweeen the radiopanel and the plane's GPS.

And yes, now, my GNS V2 syncs with COM2/NAV2 and COM2NAV2 radios...

On October 13, 2017 at 4:15 AM, supersym said:

But still impossible to have com 1 on the radio panel...

I think you've lost me there. I don't understand what exactly is the issue anymore?!?

Can you please explain in further details?

ok.

I fly withe the cherokee A2A.

I want to have com1 on the gns 430 and the radiopanel

Now, I have com2 on the gns 430 and the radiopanel, but if I swicth com1 on the Gns 430, I can't have the com1 on the radiopanel. The leds are off.

If I choose another default plane for instance the beech Garmin1000., without GNS 430 but with the default GPS , I can swich com1 and com2 both on the gps and the radiopanel.

Sorry for my bad english ans thanks so much for trying to understand me :smile:

Hi, I'm not sure to really understand the nature of the problem at all. What do you mean with "I can switch com1 and com2 on the GPS and the radio panel"?

Well I can have com 1 on the radiopanel and on the GPS in a default plane with a default GPS, but not in the cherokee a2a with the gns 430. Here I can have com1 on the GNS 430, but not in the radiopanel. But I can have COm2 on the Gns430, and on the radiopanel

Ok, but then what does it mean "no in the radio panel", do you mean the upper radio panel is blank (nothing displays) when adding our GNS V2 set as COM1, or do you mean it disappears from the panel (the radio gauge is missing)?