Sign in to follow this  
claudiofalcao

Keyboard key command to control light switches (toggles).

Recommended Posts

Hello!
Is there any way to assign a keyboard key to control a taxi or logo light switch?
I have a panel that have switches (toggle) to taxi and logo lights. I'd like to assign keyboard keys to control them. Is there any way to do this?

Regards.

 

Cláudio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

5 hours ago, claudiofalcao said:

Hello!
Is there any way to assign a keyboard key to control a taxi or logo light switch?
I have a panel that have switches (toggle) to taxi and logo lights. I'd like to assign keyboard keys to control them. Is there any way to do this?

Regards.

 

Cláudio

Yes, FSUIPC.

FSUIPC essential software for any simmer (get the payware version)

Using FSUIPC assign a key to whichever light you like. I have my landing lights key L, Taxi lights key T etc etc.

I would make sure the key is not assigned or reassign in the sim first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, edetroit said:

Yes, FSUIPC.

FSUIPC essential software for any simmer (get the payware version)

Using FSUIPC assign a key to whichever light you like. I have my landing lights key L, Taxi lights key T etc etc.

I would make sure the key is not assigned or reassign in the sim first.

Thanks Ed! I have the FSUIPC (payware version).

I'll try make it, despite that don't know anything about how to configure by FSUIPC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Folks,

Yeah - just as an end user of some of these features - I think you need to write LUA scripts after you identify the associated LVARS for the switches - it's not quite as simple as it sounds... This is for buttons or switches that don't have a default FS assignment... Someone contributed a complete set for the FSW Lear 35 - - each switch had it's own LUA script - which you then use FSUIPC to assign to a button press or keystroke...

Check the FSUIPC manual - but - I don't think that helps with the actual writing of LUA scripts...

LUA Example:

Quote

if ipc.testbutton(3,19) == true then
ipc.writeLvar("L:SWITCH_STALL_LIGHT",1)
elseif ipc.testbutton(3,19) == false then
ipc.writeLvar("L:SWITCH_STALL_LIGHT",0)
end

Regards,
Scott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's incredibly easy actually. (I don't think the OP is talking about L:Vars but stock A:vars)

Open FSUIPC in sim.

Click on Key presses.

Click set 

Press key you wish to assign.

scroll through list until you find the light switch you want.

Click Apply

Done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, edetroit said:

It's incredibly easy actually. (I don't think the OP is talking about L:Vars but stock A:vars)

Open FSUIPC in sim.

Click on Key presses.

Click set 

Press key you wish to assign.

scroll through list until you find the light switch you want.

Click Apply

Done.

Oh - cool - then it's easy - disregard my last - I didn't think the "logo light" had an FSUIPC assignment - which started me down the path...

:blush:

Regards,
Scott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Oh - cool - then it's easy - disregard my last - I didn't think the "logo light" had an FSUIPC assignment - which started me down the path...

:blush:

Regards,
Scott

Probably TOGGLE_LOGO_LIGHTS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys for your help.

In my case, I'm using Posky 747 model merged with PMDG panel and, there are toggles for taxi and wing lights.

Even assigning the key following the instructions, the taxi light and wing lights only turn off using the toggles. I think that it is a payware panel problem (programation) and even using the FSUIPC command, the wing and taxi lights will turn on/off only with the switches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, claudiofalcao said:

Even assigning the key following the instructions, the taxi light and wing lights only turn off using the toggles. I think that it is a payware panel problem (programation) and even using the FSUIPC command, the wing and taxi lights will turn on/off only with the switches.

You are correct Claudio. It would work with XML switches but will not override C+ gauges 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, edetroit said:

You are correct Claudio. It would work with XML switches but will not override C+ gauges 

OK, thanks once more Ed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this