Sign in to follow this  
ScotFlieger

P3Dv4.1 Compatibility

Hello, I am trying to configure the MCP2 boeing In LINDA with p3d, I have enabled the MCP combo setting, and tried every COM port. It looks like the 3 enables the mcp to work correctly but When I launch an aircraft, changing the settings in the sim affects the mcp but changing the settings in the mcp do not change them in the sim..

Any idea please?

thanks

Hi niokit

I assume that your joysticks are working with LINDA. 

You can use the VRiSim.exe software to determine the comport provided you have installed the FDTI drivers for the USB/Serial interface. However, you must not run VRiSim and LINDA together.

If the MCP2 is updating from P3D, then you do have the correct port. However, you do not say what aircraft you are using. Start with a Default aircraft and check the MCP Combo page to ensure that you have functions assigned to the knobs/buttons (these should be set by default). Similarly, do the same check when you load an alternative aircraft. You may need to assign aircraft-specific functions before the MCP2 will accept inputs.

If this fails to fix you problem, please follow the Fault Diagnosis thread under LINDA Support and send me the FSUIPC5.log file. You need to load first a default aircraft aircraft and operate some knobs/buttons. Then load your chosen aircraft and push some more buttons. That will tell me what is and is not working.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hello Andrew,

functions are effectively assigned to the knobs in the mcp page , even with add-on aircraft like PMDGs. But MCP itself when I load the NGX recognizes it and  and the mcp screen is correct. But it's frozen nothing happens when you press a knob on the mcp. But in P3d when you change the altitude for example it changes the value in the mcp. In the mcp linda page pushing a knob on the mcp doesn't show the yellow knob int the mcp page..

here is the linda2 file:

I have spotted the cause of your problem. P3Dv4 is a 64-bit program and requires the 64-bit FSUIPC5 5.122 and LINDA 3.0.4 to work. You will require a new registration key for FSUIPC5 as it is a new product. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I don't understand, I have purchased the last version of fsuipc 2weeks ago!

Current Status: Completed
 - PETE DOWSON - FSUIPC5 FOR P3DV4
 - Quantity: 1 x EUR 29.99

Or is it LINDA version wich is not up to date?

As you have FSUIPC5 then you need to downlload and install LINDA 3.0,4. This is the only version that will communicate with FSUIPC5. 

Edit the log you posted was for LINDA 2.9.6 - the old version. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Installing a new version of LINDA as per the instructions will not affect your existing profiles. However, I recommend you make a backup and you can copy back any you need  

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I would like to tryout the LINDA GUI function for my Saitek Radio panel instead the old SPAD tools. For SPAD I must not install any Saitek drivers.

Do I need to install Saitek drivers to use my Radio panel with LINDA? I only get the QNH displayed when switching to XPDR, but there is no COM, NAV frequency displayed.

I am using P3D v4.1, LINDA 3.0.5 and FSUIPC 5.122

BR,
Christian

Hi Christen 

No drivers are required for LINDA 3.0.5 to work with the Saitek Panels. Please note that there are 2 different modes for the Radio and Multi Panels: hardwired in GUI for faster response but only works with aircraft using FSX Default offsets; or programmable in LAU as a ‘joysticks’. For the GUI mode you need Saitek Panels ticked in Setup LINDA and the panels disabled in Setup Joysticks. 

• Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Thanks for your really quick reply!

In LUA Mode it works fine. But in GUI Mode (configured as described) I am getting the dashed-line, then pressing e.g. the ACT/STBY button and the display stays black for COMs, NAVs, ADF. Only QNH is display by selecting XPDR, but also now Squawk is displayed in this mode.

The GUI log with DEBUG level does not show any entry by pressing Radio panel buttons.

Is there a way to check what's going wrong?

Thanks,
Christian

What aircraft are you using? What happens when using a default aircraft?

The dashes are displayed whenever you restart LINDA. This is to prompt you to operate a knob/button for LINDA to ‘read’ the status of the panel. If the displays are blank for COM/NAV/ADF it suggests that the aircraft is no using the standard offsets. I would need to see the logs to tell you more. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK