Sign in to follow this  
Cargostorm

PMDG & WX Radar - ASP4 Build 6491

In my setup it seems that HIFI's update of ASP4 has broken the simconnect functionality to display precipitation on wx radar. I have tested this with Rolands WX radar and PMDG 777. No precipitation is shown on the radar screens. Does anybody see the same with the new build of ASP4?

I am still on P3D V4.0. Just in case that the new build should only work with 4.1.

Cheers,
Chris

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

4 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

In my setup it seems that HIFI's update of ASP4 has broken the simconnect functionality to display precipitation on wx radar. I have tested this with Rolands WX radar and PMDG 777. No precipitation is shown on the radar screens. Does anybody see the same with the new build of ASP4?

I am still on P3D V4.0. Just in case that the new build should only work with 4.1.

Cheers,
Chris

Very possible as LM corrected faulty functions return values (Were wrong since FSX) and unit conversion values for many SimConnet functions.

As a result latest version of many add-on's are now expecting different results (Correct Results) .

Revert back your ASP4 version or upgrade to V4.1 

Regards 

Simbol 

I reverted back to ASP Build 6452, where the weather radar works again with 4.0. But good to know that ASP4 is a further candidate one has to be aware of. I will update to 4.1 as soon as all addons are compatible, including A2A.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

2 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

I reverted back to ASP Build 6452, where the weather radar works again with 4.0. But good to know that ASP4 is a further candidate one has to be aware of. I will update to 4.1 as soon as all addons are compatible, including A2A.

That's weird.

I didn't upgrade to 4.1 til last night but had flown in 4.0 with the new Active Sky update.

I would post it on their forums and ask there as only they would truly know the answer.

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

I have already submitted a support ticket to let them know. But Simbol's explanation is the most logical one.

Regards,

Chris

--

I submitted a ticket as well.  The reply was that the new AS4 version requires 4.1 in order to depict rain and other environmental variables (turbulence, etc).  I was bit miffed because nothing stated that 4.1 was required for this update.  Spent a load of time trying to find the cause of the issue but should have suspected the cause.

In any case, upgraded to 4.1 and all is well.

Ilya

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL