Sign in to follow this  
PierreFSX

Configuration issue with MCE/PF3 using precision flight control

I am using the cirrus console and I would like to change the default assign key "del" for PTT in MCE to use something like "ctrl+/". When I try the change key option in MCE, I get a message telling me that I do not have a joystick connected. It doesn't see my cirrus console. So I am stuck in a loop. What can I do? I was informed by PF3 support that I should not use the DEL key, and change it to have the same one in both MCE and PF3.

Pierre

Pierre Nantel
Asus Prime Z490-A | Intel I9-10900K  | 32 Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 | 2XSamsung 960 M.2 SSD | Asus GF GTX 1080 ti turbo 11 GB | Win 10 | Prepar3D 5.3 HF1 | AS/ASCA | EFB 2 | PF3 | MCE | PMDG 747-777 |  Twin Otter | Q400 | Aerosoft Airbus series

19 hours ago, PierreFSX said:

I am using the cirrus console and I would like to change the default assign key "del" for PTT in MCE to use something like "ctrl+/". When I try the change key option in MCE, I get a message telling me that I do not have a joystick connected. It doesn't see my cirrus console. So I am stuck in a loop. What can I do? I was informed by PF3 support that I should not use the DEL key, and change it to have the same one in both MCE and PF3.

Pierre

If you have the joystick custom software loading in system start-up try without it.

run the app wizard. It should detect the joystick via DirectX.

Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience>Run app wizard.

Is it a USB type or using old game connector interface?

Have you tried connecting it straight to the back of PC and not via  USB hub.

If you have more than one joystick connected, eventually disconnect the others, setup your PTT on the Cirrus, then reconnect them.

Hi thank for answering,

If you have the joystick custom software loading in system start-up try without it.

I do not have custom software load, I use PFCcom64 within P3D v4.1 to configure my CIRRUS II

run the app wizard. It should detect the joystick via DirectX.

Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience>Run app wizard.

Just did and it doesn't see my Cirrus

Is it a USB type or using old game connector interface?

I am using com1 

Have you tried connecting it straight to the back of PC and not via  USB hub.

If you have more than one joystick connected, eventually disconnect the others, setup your PTT on the Cirrus, then reconnect them.

I only have the CIRRUS II connected, no other joystick.

Pierre Nantel
Asus Prime Z490-A | Intel I9-10900K  | 32 Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 | 2XSamsung 960 M.2 SSD | Asus GF GTX 1080 ti turbo 11 GB | Win 10 | Prepar3D 5.3 HF1 | AS/ASCA | EFB 2 | PF3 | MCE | PMDG 747-777 |  Twin Otter | Q400 | Aerosoft Airbus series

Hi,

It seems, I have a bigger problem, I cannot interface with the co pilot in P3D. I have configured MCE to use the native ATC from the sim, instead of PF3 just to do some testing and I use the  DHC-6 series ( twin otter) from aerosoft. I first start P3D then I start MCE and I get:

- a red message "looking for changes to current aircraft...please wait"

- then I hear a voice tell me he will be handling the ground services,  Named Lee ramp coordinator 

-I see on the top line of MCE that the co-pilot listening......on DeHavilland DHC6   Free Flight

-but when I talk to him using my mic nothing happen. Like if I say "parking brake release or off" nothing happen. 

I did the speech training to make sure my microphone works, everything when ok. 

I also tested the "del" key to see if I could hear the static and it worked. But according to the manual, I only use the DEL to speak to ATC and not the co-pilot. 

Stupid question, when I say "master DC set to ON" should I see the switch moving to on? 

Thanks again

Pierre Nantel

17 hours ago, PierreFSX said:

Hi,

It seems, I have a bigger problem, I cannot interface with the co pilot in P3D. I have configured MCE to use the native ATC from the sim, instead of PF3 just to do some testing and I use the  DHC-6 series ( twin otter) from aerosoft. I first start P3D then I start MCE and I get:

- a red message "looking for changes to current aircraft...please wait"

- then I hear a voice tell me he will be handling the ground services,  Named Lee ramp coordinator 

-I see on the top line of MCE that the co-pilot listening......on DeHavilland DHC6   Free Flight

-but when I talk to him using my mic nothing happen. Like if I say "parking brake release or off" nothing happen. 

I did the speech training to make sure my microphone works, everything when ok. 

I also tested the "del" key to see if I could hear the static and it worked. But according to the manual, I only use the DEL to speak to ATC and not the co-pilot. 

Stupid question, when I say "master DC set to ON" should I see the switch moving to on? 

Thanks again

It's very likely because of an incomplete MCE installation on the P3D V4 side.

Go to \Prepar3D v4\ installation folder.

Set "Prepar3D.exe" to run as admin.

Do you see a folder named <MCE dlls> there, and in particular a dll named "mcasoftDH6.dll" inside it?

How many dlls do you see there?

On 10/14/2017 at 8:45 PM, PierreFSX said:

Pierre

If you have a registered copy of FSUIPC, and assuming the latter can detect the joystick, setup 2 events.

One to trigger DEL keyboard key Down on buttton press.

And another to trigger DEL keyboard key up on release.

Assign a different suspend key in PF3. Anything but DEL key.

When you hold Cirrus PTT button down, you should hear a humming background noise iondicating MCE has switched to ATC mode.

Noise should stop when you release it.

I do not have those 2 DLL in the Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4\folder. I do have prepar3d.exe to run as administrator.

I did trigger the DEL key with FSUIPC and I do hear the static noise, so this is working

Thanks again

Pierre Nantel

Also I have 77 dll file in the Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4\folder

Pierre Nantel

14 minutes ago, PierreFSX said:

I do not have those 2 DLL in the Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4\folder. I do have prepar3d.exe to run as administrator.

This may explain why nothing is working with Aeropsoft DHC.

Delete <MCE dlls> folder in \Prepar3D V4\ installation folder.

Go back to downloaded unzipped file and look under \Files\FSX\ folder.

Copy the entire <MCE dlls x64> folder and paste it to \Prepar3D v4\ installation folder.

Important: Rename the folder to <MCE dlls>

Normally, installer should copy that folder automatically, unless Windows prevents it creating folder (in P3D installation folder) as a result of issues with folder permissions or things like that.

Should get you up and running with any supported aircraft that has moved to 64 Bit. That includes PMDG 737 NGX, 777, 747 QOTS, iFly 737 & 747, and a few others.

Sorry I miss understood you and I was looking in the folder prepar3d v4. I do have the MCE DLL folder and I do have the  mcasoftDH6.dll inside it, I have 37 dll files in that folder. When I looked at the installed file, I say a folder called "MCE DLL x64" is this for 64 bit os? 

Sorry about the confusion. 

Pierre Nantel

16 minutes ago, PierreFSX said:

Sorry I miss understood you and I was looking in the folder prepar3d v4. I do have the MCE DLL folder and I do have the  mcasoftDH6.dll inside it, I have 37 dll files in that folder. When I looked at the installed file, I say a folder called "MCE DLL x64" is this for 64 bit os? 

Sorry about the confusion. 

Affirmative, those are 64 dlls intended for P3D V4.

The installer should create a <MCE dlls> folder inside \Prepar3D v4\ then copy those 64 dlls to it.

Eventually try other sup[ported aircraft. If it's just the DH6 not coming alive, could be an issue with that particular mcasofDH6.dll.

I just re installed MCE and have re done the setup wizard, I did realized that when I am on step 9 of the wizard where it says : Speak the sentence in green colour, and your command will de repeated....etc. Well that part doesn't repeat when I speak. If I recall I should hear back and it should show me the next sentence?

I have tried the Maule airplane and same result, but now I do not hear the ramp officer. But MCE is up and running, with the CO-Pilot listening on the top line.

Pierre

Pierre Nantel

Hi FS++ it seems that an audio driver update corrected the issue, now everything is working A one. I just have one more question, if I do not want to be interrupt by PF3 AI I need to hit the assign key in PF3 before I hold the del key in MCE, correct? 

Pierre Nantel

sorry I also would like to know if MCE needs to know my flight plan? I fly with the PMDG planes and I do not load the flight plan in P3D, Just in the CDU of the plane, in PF3 and in Active sky. 

Is that ok?

Pierre

Pierre Nantel

1 hour ago, PierreFSX said:

Hi FS++ it seems that an audio driver update corrected the issue, now everything is working A one. I just have one more question, if I do not want to be interrupt by PF3 AI I need to hit the assign key in PF3 before I hold the del key in MCE, correct? 

MCE should take care of that. As soon as you hold PTT down, it sends a message to PF3 to suspend itself using whatever key combination is assigned for that purpose.

• Upvote 1