Sign in to follow this  
clive6354

Thrust Reverse B737NGX

Hello

I am trying to assign commands using Linda for use with my Hotas Warthog throttle with my PMDG737NGX aircraft P3D V4.1

The command I am having problems assigning is the command for REVERSE THRUST.  I cannot locate the command inside the PMDG 737NGX module functions.  Can anyone assist or advise

I am sure I had assigned this  command using FSUIPC using the thrust lever (pull up and back) as a switch command to assign the Thrust Reversers but somehow I have lost the command and I am struggling to remember how I had completed the processs.

Clive Alexander

As far as i know there is no command for reverse thrust in the NGX-module.

You have to select the FSX default command : "throttleX_decr" in combination with "throttleX_cut".

=> on press: throttleX_decr

=> on repeat: throttleX_decr

=> on release: throttleX_cut

• Upvote 1

On 10/17/2017 at 8:57 PM, headley said:

As far as i know there is no command for reverse thrust in the NGX-module.

You have to select the FSX default command : "throttleX_decr" in combination with "throttleX_cut".

=> on press: throttleX_decr

=> on repeat: throttleX_decr

=> on release: throttleX_cut

remember though, Throttle has to be in 'cut' '0' 'F1' position for 'decr' 'F2', and repeat 'F2', to reverse

Intel 2500K | AMD 7970 | Win7x64 | 16GB | TV 40" | Touchscreen 22" | HOTAS | Rudder | MCP | FFB Joystick | FSX-SE | Prepar3D | DSC A10

14 hours ago, majapahit said:

remember though, Throttle has to be in 'cut' '0' 'F1' position for 'decr' 'F2', and repeat 'F2', to reverse

Yes offcourse, but the "on release"-command simply returns from a "reverse-position" back to "cut-position".

I don't know if you own the saitek-throttles?
These controllers have a "button" witch engage after you have reached the "cut-position" or "0" or "F1".  Simply said when the axis has reached "0", then you can engage a "button", witch mostly is used for engaging the reverse-function.
And within LINDA for a correct use of this button, you have to follow the : 1 "on press"  2: "on repeat"  3: "on release" logic :ha:

I hope i make things understandable enough, because English is not my native language ...:ha:

I have Saitek throttles and use .lua scripts for reverse thrust. I pull the lever into the detent, then things get fancy. 

The script then immediately turns my existing N1,2,3,4 levers into a reverse axis. I can then apply reverse by moving the lever forward and adjust how much reverse N1 is being applied since it is on an axis. Below 70kts I start reducing the levers back into the detent, the reversers stow, and moving the levers forward again, I get normal forward thrust. 

It works rather nicely and I really enjoy it. 

42 minutes ago, Angelo Cosma said:

I have Saitek throttles and use .lua scripts for reverse thrust. I pull the lever into the detent, then things get fancy. 

The script then immediately turns my existing N1,2,3,4 levers into a reverse axis. I can then apply reverse by moving the lever forward and adjust how much reverse N1 is being applied since it is on an axis. Below 70kts I start reducing the levers back into the detent, the reversers stow, and moving the levers forward again, I get normal forward thrust. 

It works rather nicely and I really enjoy it. 

Whow, i have already heard something like idle reverse and full reverse, but could not implement it, i usualy just apply full reverse and thats it!

Do you mind sharing this script?  And maybe some "how-to" for implementing this in LINDA.

I suppose it is a script that will be placed in the "user.lua" file and then assigned to the detent-button?

Thanks anyway :ha:

Its assigned in FSUIPC so not sure how it incorporates into LINDA but sure when I get home I will link the script.