Taver

Invalid License: Contact Vendor [solved]

Hello,

I just purchased the RealityXP GTN750 using my Flight1 login. After installation I started Prepar3d V4.1 and loaded the Carenado 337 Skymaster. I installed the popup 750. On startup I get a message that says INVALID LICENSE:CONTACT VENDOR. I can then select continue below and the GPS will go to the next page. What should I do to resolve this issue. 

Thank You

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

First check to see if there is a .lic file in the C:/RealityXP folder. If not run f1 wrapper installer again. May have to turn off anti virus if installed.

I don't have a C:/RealityXP folder. I do have a C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GTN Simulation\FltSim folder. I was not allowed to select a different folder on install. 

I do have a license file but it is in the folder that I downloaded and executed my installer from. 

OK here is an update. 

I un-installed the software and ran the Flight1 installer again. This time I did not select a different extraction folder but kept the default of C:/RealityXP. 

I ran the installer in C:/RealityXP folder and it placed the program in C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GTN Simulation\FltSim. 

The GTN750 is now running as it should and I do not have the invalid license warning. 

So it may be a good idea to not change the default C:/RealityXP extraction folder. :) 

Thank you bills511 for the quick reply. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Taver said:

Thank you bills511 for the quick reply.

Glad you got it working.

Hi,

The C:\RealityXP\ folder is unfortunately the way the e-commerce wrapper deals with extracting the "e-commerce wrapped" Reality XP software installer.

However, should you are not confortable keeping this folder at the root of the drive, you can at least move your .lic files to other folders our gauge knows about:

- "C:\RealityXP"

- "My Documents\Reality XP\"

or in the same folder as the gauge file:

"Program Files (x86)/Reality XP/GTN Simulation/FltSim/64" (P3D4)

"Program Files (x86)/Reality XP/GTN Simulation/FltSim/32" (P3D2)

"[simulator installation path]\Gauges\" (all others)

I'm glad it is all sorted out, and I hope you'll appreciate the little details we try to put in our products ;-)