Sign in to follow this  
hjbolus

GPS Navigation and ILS approach radio locations

Does anybody know how to set the autopilot on the 747-400 to follow the flight plan using GPS (as per the default aircraft can) ? I only ask as I did a flight from Newark to London  Heathrow and couldn't sus out how to set this, consequently I had to sit by the PC constantly for fear of missing an ATC instruction and my flightplan being cancelled.

Also where are the NAV radio settings on the panel that will allow for an ILS approach to be captured ?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if I am being a bit dim on this.

Rgds

Howard

Hello Howard, welcome to the PMDG forums. Please note their rules require our full names on all posts.

Welcome to a complex simulation.  Forget the default aircraft and pretty much most never use the default ATC.  It is worthless.  You put the flight plan in the FMC and the navigation systems use GPS, INS and VOR/DME altogether to provide navigation.

You must fly the Tutorial and I highly recommend reading the Introduction document. 

Dan Downs KCRP

Howard,

On the 747 you don't tune the NAV to the ILS frequency, and you don't dial in the course. When an ILS approach is entered into the FMS, the Queen automatically uses the correct ILS frequency, and course.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB