Sign in to follow this  
johnliem

PMDG Debug

Hello

every time I start an PMDG aircraft from start menu, I got this error messeage about PMDG Debug

warning: the PMDG product was unable to create its work files, please make sure that you are running Prepare3D as Administrator.

I always run P3D as Administrator,  is there anyone can tell me how to fix this error? thanks

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Did you upgrade to windows fall patch? Windows version 1709?

Which sim? When it started?

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

46 minutes ago, johnliem said:

I always run P3D as Administrator,  is there anyone can tell me how to fix this error? thanks

Another thing to check is that your anti-virus program isn't preventing you from actually running the program as an admin. After-market anti-virus programs are notorious for being like an overprotective parent in not letting you do any of what you'd actually want to be doing...like running programs how you want them to run.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Chris and Kyle,

it seems that it has to do with startup of P3D, as this issue I have from today and yesterday I installed FsLab A320 and I set the aircraft of FsLab on  startup and before the P3D on startup FsLab A320 loading its file , so what I have done, I change the aircraft at the startup, in this case GA and  now when I start P3D on statup loading the GA aircraft and then I change to PMDG aircraft then start the P3D 4.1 and I now I see no error te report , so it solved. again thanks for your support gentelman.

No I do not upgrade to windows fall patch, Windows version 1709, does this patch cause any issue?

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

5 minutes ago, johnliem said:

No I do not upgrade to windows fall patch, Windows version 1709, does this patch cause any issue?

Yep. It's a Windows issue in general, but, more info here:

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks.

John Liem

Hi, 

I've got the same problem here, since an update from Windows Defender which changed a lot on my system (false positives - settings "read only" on folders - etc etc). 

Nothing works since : PMDG 737 - 777 - DC6, FS2Crew, GTN Complete, extremely low framerates even on default sceneries with Bonanza... 

I have now to uninstall ALL and reboot. Nice. Hundreds gigs from dozen of addons (ORBX - UTLive - Fslabs - Majestic...) to reinstall one after one. 

Thanks Microsoft and your DUMMY antivirus. 

Guys, if it's not too late for you, block every Defender update...

Have a nice week-end. Mine will be "download - install - configure - start again". 

Lionel

1 hour ago, azragod said:

Thanks Microsoft and your DUMMY antivirus. 

This does not sound like a problem created by Defender, and periodic updates for Defender is basically just virus data... makes one wonder if you were infected.

I recommend you try to figure out what happened before you trash everything; otherwise, good luck.  It will probably happen again.

Dan Downs KCRP