Dirk98

Switching between 2 different video cards in bios?

Hello,

Can I install 2 different video cards (gtx980ti and gtx1080ti) in my mobo Fatal1ty Z170 Professional Gaming i7 and switch between them when necessary? Meaning only one will work at a time?

Thanks,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Dirk98.

I am running two GPUs and have run up to 3 GPUs. I have never SLI'd or Crossfired them as I run three monitors (external views) from my 1080ti and four monitors (panels) on the 1050ti.

To my knowledge there is no performance impact (flight sim wise) on the number of GPUs you may choose until you actually unlock a View or Panel and move it to another monitor.

In  that vein, I cannot imagine why you would want to separate them or just use one at a time. I also can not figure out what you are trying to configure by doing so.  

I think, if you can do so, please give us a little more information.

Regards

Tony

Toni, it looks like there is a nVidia driver problem with FSL Spot lights / P3Dv4 DL, The best nvidia driver many on FSL boards are talking about is 376.33. You can not install it for GTX 1080 TI though. So my purpose is quite long-winded and personal here )). Anyway, I recall I used to use up to 3 video cards myself in my older non-fs systems. But my question is whether it is possible to turn off/on one of the video cards installed in PCI-E slots completely in BIOS without removing them manually? And while I'm at it, is it possible to turn off one or several HD/SS Disks in BIOS in the same manner without physically disconnecting them?

Thanks,

Dirk98

I am sorry mate. I simply cannot help you here. I am not a technical person and struggle with drivers etc myself.

Currently, I am not using P3D nor FSL. I still have no idea why you want to turn anythng off .. either your GPU or HD/SSDs  

I have to say that it actually sounds pointless to me and I cannot see what you may be trying to achieve.

One suggestion I have is that you may like to invest in some riser straps which are relative cheap. I do not know the technical term for them but they are available for the normal GPU PCIe slots and also the little PCIe slots (for the new types of SSDs)  By using these you can have the GPUs and SSDs external of the computer case and then it is a simple matter to just disconnect them. (computer off first, of course)  It is also a way to keep them running a little cooler and may save the cost of a cooler.

I remain mystified but hope the above helps.

Regards

Tony