Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

Going from V3 to V4.1

I just installed P3DV4.1 so no PMDG planes yet.  I have them all on the same computer under V3.  Do I just click on the PMDG777 Base Package P3D file and it will install.  Ijust don't want to mess up my V3 yet - so I am concerned  how to direct it to V4.

Paul Gugliotta

9 minutes ago, paulyg123 said:

I just installed P3DV4.1 so no PMDG planes yet.  I have them all on the same computer under V3.  Do I just click on the PMDG777 Base Package P3D file and it will install.  Ijust don't want to mess up my V3 yet - so I am concerned  how to direct it to V4.

Uninstall, then reinstall.

Kyle Rodgers

19 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Uninstall, then reinstall.

What!! no way.  Can I have  a PMDG 777 on the same computer for both V3 and V4?  I want to keep P3DV3 alive until I am ready to fully migrate.  My question is will my existing PMDG 777 installer file I purchased 7 months ago for P3D V3 be able to be used for P3DV4.  I mean how will that 7 month old installer even know to look for P3dV4.  Or do I need to download a new PMDG installer under my same license.

Paul Gugliotta

Yes, you can have it on the same computer for both versions, but you need to uninstall it first, then re-install. When you run the new installer (note, you need to download the new installer and use that one, not the old one), it'll ask you whether you want it in V3 or V4, you can select both.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

49 minutes ago, paulyg123 said:

What!! no way.  Can I have  a PMDG 777 on the same computer for both V3 and V4?  I want to keep P3DV3 alive until I am ready to fully migrate.  My question is will my existing PMDG 777 installer file I purchased 7 months ago for P3D V3 be able to be used for P3DV4.  I mean how will that 7 month old installer even know to look for P3dV4.  Or do I need to download a new PMDG installer under my same license.

Uninstall. Download a new copy of the installer that both recognizes, and installs the correct files for v4. Reinstall.

I'd definitely recommend reading through the forum from time to time, particularly the stickies, as it very clearly outlined these steps for you, with the note that you could install into one or both platforms.

We offered this with FSX and FSXSE, which I believe you at one point had, so I if I recall correctly, you would know this from prior experience...why would we stop?

Kyle Rodgers