Sign in to follow this  
spil

Stackhash problem

Hi everyone

So now I have tried everything everyone suggest so far. Nothing in Windows 10 works for me.
I can perform a flight without problem but on approach or when taxi in to terminal FSX shuts down and I end up on desctop. I do not know what abbreviation you have for that, please speak in clear language when suggesting anything.
My system is an Intel i7 at 2.9 MHz, 16 Gb RAM, 2 GB video ram.
Software used is FSX, PMDG 747 v3, Active sky 2016, FDC 2011.

All this works great without any problems in Windows 7 Ultimate but after the update to windows 10 I only get problem after problem after problem.
Must be a very bad version to use FSX in I guess. Windows 10 seems to give you alot of problems not just this.

However here is the last fault report from Windows why it crashed FSX,

Beskrivning
Felaktig programsökväg:    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Problemsignatur
Händelsenamn:    BEX
Programnamn:    fsx.exe
Programversion:    10.0.61472.0
Programtidsstämpel:    475e17d3
Namn på felmodul:    StackHash_3e9b
Modulens version:    0.0.0.0
Tidsstämpel för felmodul:    00000000
Undantagsförskjutning:    PCH_03_FROM_KERNELBASE+0x0017A34D
Undantagskod:    c0000005
Undantagsdata:    00000008
OS-version:    10.0.15063.2.0.0.256.48
Språkvariant-ID:    1053
Ytterligare information 1:    3e9b
Ytterligare information 2:    3e9b7846e3f8a4b53b4c50c361d8800c
Ytterligare information 3:    3964
Ytterligare information 4:    39646e251788ff593c704374e146a395

Extra information om problemet
Bucket-ID:    7acbf2120991f253fa0cb591148a98f4 (116459335635)

Best regards

See page 32, AVSIM CTD Guide (link in my signature).  Probably high display driver setting or high FSX SP2 config setting.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi.

Well I have tried to set the graphics to lowest possible, it still crashes.
And why should graphics be a problem in Windows 10 when it worked flawless in Windows 7 Ultimate?
This must be some strange Windows 10 symptom.

Already tried all fixes in that guide I see.
At least from page 32 and onward.

Strange that my problem only occurrs in Windows 10 and not the better Windows 7 Ultimate. But if I go back the security updates will not last too long for Windows 7 Ultimate I guess so then I am back at square one again when 7 Ultimate unfortuantely dies forever.
Thank you so far for your support. But this does nots olve my problem so far.

1 hour ago, spil said:

Thank you so far for your support.

AVSIM hosts many freeware and commercial forums for the flight simulation community but does not provide support for any products.  The CTD Forum is a place where members can post their issues for user-to-user discussions.  I developed the CTD Guide to provide some guidance on fixing crashes but the guide contains only a few known fixes for problems.  I did a lot of your work by going around the Internet into all of the Flight Simulation websites and throughout the world in different tech support sites and listed in the guide things that other users, like you, tried and it fixed their problem.  I know how frustrating CTD's and freezes can be to our members.  In fact, I'm in the process of investigating crashes and freezes that occur 25 seconds after loading the default flight, one showing a kernelbase.dll error and one showing a Microsoft.net error.  Some freezes show nothing and the sim just closes w/o explanation.

I just want to make it clear AVSIM does not provide support.  I am only posting as a fellow user in hopes I can find a solution to your problem.  On page 10 of the guide I provide some ways to investigate your issue(s) like renaming/deleting the FSX.cfg, dll.xml, and scenery.cfg and restarting the sim and letting the sim rebuild the FSX.cfg and scenery.cfg to the default settings.  If the problem goes away (I know the graphics will look horrible in default mode), then it is an issue with a setting in the fsx.cfg, the dll.xml (which loads modules for your addon products), and/or scenery.cfg.  You just need to find out what scenery or tweak or setting is causing your issues.  All very simple but it takes time to investigate.

Now, back to all of my CTD's and freezes with P3DV4.1...

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Looks like I fixed my issues.  Renamed my dll.xml to dll.off and no more crashes.  Now to find out which module being loaded in the dll.xml is causing the CTD's/Freezes.

Submit News to AVSIM

Found the guilty module.  Belongs to Carenado aircraft - CMeteoXmlx32.dll (for P3Dv3 and FSX users and CMeteoXmlx64.dll for P3DV4 users).  This module has been known to cause crashes in the past.  Just disable it in the dll.xml by changing the line:  Disable>False<Disable to Disable>True<Disable.  If you do not have the module installed in the dll.xml, then you will have to continue to investigate.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Yeah I understand that. But why does this only happen in Windows 10 and not in Windows 7 Ultimate?

That is the problem I try to find an answer for.
Removing the FSX.cfg causes more problems. Done that before without a solution.
If I ever find a solution I will post it I promize.

Well it seems like the problem is isolated now.
It only happens when using the PMDG B747 v3.
Now I have made two short flights with PMDG B738 NGX without any problems at all!
And that with maximum graphics settings and everything works great!

Just wanted to let you know.