Sign in to follow this  
pmb

Disabling crosshairs / auto-coordination

I use SPAD.neXt (http://www.spadnext.com/home.html) for controlling all my Saitek gear (Cessna yoke, pedals,..Radio etc panel, ... 9 FIPs) in a networked configuration (which is based on a plugin installed into XP). This works great - and I can use even sophisticated gauges - however, there are two side effects which are IMO more XP than SPAD.neXt issues, thus I am asking here.

1. I have that annoying crosshairs continually on display. I understand that given all controls are connected to the networked computer, XP seemingly thinks I don't have any joystick and activates mouse control. Is there any way to remove that crosshairs without plugging in a joystick (and yes when l plug in a joystick it disappears, however the joystick interferes with my networked controls of course)?

2. The plane is controlled by the yoke instead the pedals during taxiing. I would trace this back to XP feeling I don't have a yoke connected (to the main machine) and thus going into some auto-coordination mode (at least that's what I suppose). Can this mode be deactivated?

I thought about asking at the SPAD.neXt forum, however there's only a small percentage of XP users and, moreover, among them I might be pretty much the only one with a networked configuration.

Does anyone of the XP experts have an idea how to solve these? I would supopose these could be controlled via some datarefs (if so which ones?) and perhaps someone can give a hint how to do it via, e.g., a LUA script?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I found two datarefs that could be relevant, they are:

"sim/operation/override/override_joystick", and

"sim/joystick/eq_pfc_yoke".

Try setting each of them to 1 (the default value should be 0), and see what happens.

You can modify them using the DataRefEditor ( https://developer.x-plane.com/tools/datarefeditor/ ), but in this case they revert back to their default value each time you start X-Plane.

However, once you determine that it works, you can then install FlyWithLua and write a simple script to change their value at startup.

For now you could install DataRefEditor and see if modifying the above datarefs helps.

• Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Thanks Murmur, I'll definitely try these, I have the dataref editor installed already. Will write back later.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

You hit the nail. The first Dataref stops the yoke interfering and the second one removes the crosshairs. I made a little Lua script which does the job automatically:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

if LUA_RUN == 1 then
    set( "sim/operation/override/override_joystick",   1 )
    set( "sim/joystick/eq_pfc_yoke",   1 )
end

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll repost the solution in the SPAD.neXt forum, together with a solution for a 3rd issue caused by SPAD.neXt itself. Might help someone with the same troubles. 

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

pmb...i too use Spad.next and have for a long time. Love what ConneX has created. I switched full-time to XP last year and found that a combo of XP settings and Spad.next work really well. I use XP for Yoke, Rudders and Trim in combo with Spad. All other buttons/switches are directly programmed thru Spad. Just my two cents. Finally, I agree, not many XP users have realized what a great tool Spad.next really is.