Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Digital Design - LOWS Salzburg for P3D4

9 minutes ago, swiesma said:

The perfect spotting place for planes arriving in Salzburg :-) I sometimes rent a BMW M and drive up there :-)

Can think of worse ways spending my spare time :happy:

Richard Åsberg

1 hour ago, WebMaximus said:

Can think of worse ways spending my spare time :happy:

You are right. The good thing is that BMW is also near where I live and they have good offers for renting cars :-)

I already drove every M out there, from M2 to X6M and besides flightsiming and aviation it's my favourite hobby. I often meet people from all over the world there who visit Munich and rent a BMW for 1 or 2 days and explore the alps :-)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, swiesma said:

You are right. The good thing is that BMW is also near where I live and they have good offers for renting cars :-)

I already drove every M out there, from M2 to X6M and besides flightsiming and aviation it's my favourite hobby. I often meet people from all over the world there who visit Munich and rent a BMW for 1 or 2 days and explore the alps :-)

Can imagine the joy driving those kind of cars in that scenic area!

I have the M235i and although not being a pure M model it's still a great fun car to drive so I do know what you're talking about :smile:

• Upvote 1

Richard Åsberg

This airport is one of the best addons for P3d v4.

I emailed the dev every month after I updated to P3D v4 asking for an update.

He did not disappoint!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

I have the M235i and although not being a pure M model it's still a great fun car to drive so I do know what you're talking about :smile:

Nice, I have a E92 335i but it's 10 years old now, so I need something new :-)

But for our "green soul" - my girlfriend drives a Toyota Hybrid ;-)

Sorry for OT :-)

Oh and yes @DJJose is right, LOWS is a REALLY nice scenery. I love it.

9 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I'm a little late to the party, well done airport, DL could use a little optimization but nicely done Evgeny.

Cheers, Rob.

Really nice video there Rob and don't you just love the new snow effect in P3Dv4!

Richard Åsberg

8 hours ago, GSalden said:

Did you try arriving from another airport  ( EDDM is nearby ) to see if the DL then still is working ?

Not yet, probably Tuesday night I'll have time to see if I can replicate that issue.

Richard, yes the snow effect is VERY good ... seasons and weather is such an important part of flight so I'm glad it's getting attention.

Cheers, Rob.

18 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Richard, yes the snow effect is VERY good ... seasons and weather is such an important part of flight so I'm glad it's getting attention.

The rain on the other hand wasn't pretty but luckily that has been addressed in the latest version of Envtex :smile:

Richard Åsberg

Oh that reminds me, did we lose rain effects in FSFXPackages preciptFX for P3D V4.x?  You have a video of Envtex rain in V4 ... I'm interested.

Cheers, Rob.

Not sure about PrecipitFX and as for Envtex it was in the the latest version it was fixed and IMO it's a major improvement over the default rain in P3Dv4.

Richard Åsberg

21 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

it was fixed and IMO it's a major improvement over the default rain in P3Dv4.

Would love to see a video, a quick YouTube search and I see V3.x compares between PrecipitFX and Envtex.  But nothing for V4.x?  The V3.x compares looked pretty much identical to me.

Cheers, Rob.

I made a comparison video not long ago.

Will look it up for you. 

Richard Åsberg

Here you go Rob, the default rain in P3Dv4.1 in the first clip vs rain using the latest Envtex version in the second one.

A bit hard to see the difference in these kind of clips and especially when shot using a mobile cam as in this case but still you do see some difference and more so in-game.

Richard Åsberg

Here EnvTex 1.1.1 rain 

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Thanks Gerard and Richard ... just what I needed to see.

Cheers, Rob.