Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Thoughts on Synthetic Vision?

10 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I'm not having a CTD, but it's also NOT installing for me ... there should be a SYN VIS button in the G1000, but I have nothing?

Rob, I have the Piper PA 46 Meridian 500 TP with the G1000 and I'm not getting the SYN VIS button either.  I also have the Carenado SR22 and the Phenom 100 and they too are not showing the SYN VIS button.

I was able to resolve my issues:

1.  re-download the aircraft (they should say V2.1)
2.  re-installed SVS (stand alone version)
3.  removed duplicate entries in DDL.XML versions (if you have two DLL.XML files)

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>CMeteoXml</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>.\CMeteoXml.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Carenavigraph</Name>
    <Path>.\Carenavigraph.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>WebSimXML</Name>
    <Path>.\WebSimBrowser\2.1\64\WebSimXML.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

Verified the following aircraft are working with SVS:

C208B GRAND CARAVAN EX FSX/P3D
50P PHENOM 100 FSX/P3D
NAVIGRAPH E50P PHENOM 100 EXTENSION PACK FSX/P3D
EMB505 PHENOM 300 FSX/P3D
NAVIGRAPH EMB505 PHENOM 300 EXTENSION PACK FSX/P3D
PA46 500TP MALIBU MERIDIAN G1000 FSX/P3D
NAVIGRAPH PA46 MERIDIAN EXTENSION PACK FSX/P3D
SR22 GTSx TURBO FSX/P3D
TBM 850 HD SERIES FSX/P3D

Just make sure you don't change aircraft (select vehicle within the same P3D V4.x flight session, you will need to exit P3D and then select a different SVS aware aircraft).

Cheers, Rob.

On 11/17/2017 at 3:30 PM, pmb said:

Does does a real C172 equipped with a C1000 include this feature?

Here is a real C172SP for sale with SVT: https://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/21669997/2016-cessna-172s-skyhawk-sp around $300,000.

I was actually looking into the cost of a C310R ownership and wondered if a G1000 with SVT could be installed, but it looks like a no go due to the electrical power limits of the C310 (circa mid 70's) ... it might be "possible" for the G1000 SVT in the C310R but as I understand it the entire electrical system would need to be re-worked (along with other items) pushing costs well beyond $130,000 used price.

So if you looking for a real world aircraft with a G1000 SVT and higher speed then the next pump up (in price) is probably the SR22 Turbo: https://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/22074597/2017-cirrus-sr22 but it has less payload than C310R.

But to answer your question, the SVT/SVS is used in many G1000 based aircraft.  Here are a few videos in use RW:

With pathway enabled SR22:

The rent-a-wrecks I've used are "old school" also, nothing close to an SR22 in terms of tech and performance.

Cheers, Rob.

Actually doesn't look a lot different to me but it is capped at 20 fps as I recall ... FYI the SVS configuration tool that comes with offers various resolution settings (5 or 6 of them I think) but no option to increase frequency of frame updates.  

But like I suggested earlier ... note the cost of a Titan XP and 7900X+ :)

Cheers, Rob.