Sign in to follow this  
ozflyer

Call a voxkey command from flows

Hello All,

I was wondering if it is possible to call a command created in vovoxkey from a script.

I am trying to Gert the jetjetaay to move with David's NGS flows, specifically prepare to push back and departure.

I have created avoxkey command for "move jetway" which will press ctrl-j.

How can I call it from inside the flow?.

Why not just call the Voxkey "Let dispatch know we're ready to go" and then say that as if to the FO?

Not in a script, but just as a separate statement.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Thanks Stuart, that is an option.

I am trying to get it done as part of flow, given how flexible MCE is, I thought it might be possible.

Also I have a sound file that I want to play when GSX announces that boarding is complete, how can that be done ?.

I don't think MCE scripts can capture GSX announcements, but what I do is have a voxscript under Purser folder called "cabin crew prepare for gate departure", which plays various wav files (contained in the Sounds folder). 

Don't know if it would work, but you could also try adding in this script the title of your Voxkey command e.g. Let dispatch know we're ready to go or simply your Move Gateway as follows:

Sound=xxxxxxxx.wav

Notify=Let dispatch know we're ready to go                                                                                                        Let dispatch know we're ready to go

Let me know how you get on.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

19 minutes ago, ozflyer said:

Thanks Stuart, that is an option.

I am trying to get it done as part of flow, given how flexible MCE is, I thought it might be possible.

Also I have a sound file that I want to play when GSX announces that boarding is complete, how can that be done ?.

Yes it's possible.

Just add the custom command you created in Voxkey (the one that triggers jetway) to any of your flows and it will be executed in the sequence you want.

You can also ad a wav file you want to be played. Just click <Add sound> and provide the path to the was file. 

13 minutes ago, FS++ said:

Yes it's possible.

Just add the custom command you created in Voxkey (the one that triggers jetway) to any of your flows and it will be executed in the sequence you want.

You can also ad a wav file you want to be played. Just click <Add sound> and provide the path to the was file. 

Thanks Gerald, that is fantastic, forever impressed with MCE.

I also want to play a sound when gsx completes boarding, is that possible?.

Thanks

1 hour ago, ozflyer said:

Thanks Gerald, that is fantastic, forever impressed with MCE.

I also want to play a sound when gsx completes boarding, is that possible?.

Thanks

There are two ways you can trigger audio play.

1 - Add a sound anywhere to any flow. You can only play and stop one sound at a time. Or play it in a loop.

2 - Create a trigger sentence for a custom new flow, and as part of it just add the path to the specific audio.

For example, say you are flying for Qantas and happen to have pre-recorded Qantas cabin crew announcements in wav format.

Create custom speech (new flow) that a typical Qantas captain uses to get the flight attendants to do something, and voila. You can pretend you're one of them.:tongue:

On 11/22/2017 at 11:12 PM, FS++ said:

There are two ways you can trigger audio play.

1 - Add a sound anywhere to any flow. You can only play and stop one sound at a time. Or play it in a loop.

2 - Create a trigger sentence for a custom new flow, and as part of it just add the path to the specific audio.

For example, say you are flying for Qantas and happen to have pre-recorded Qantas cabin crew announcements in wav format.

Create custom speech (new flow) that a typical Qantas captain uses to get the flight attendants to do something, and voila. You can pretend you're one of them.:tongue:

Thanks Gerald, after almost three years of using MCE, finally getting into flows and customising SOP's.

Is there a list of words FO can say , I tried to get him to say dispatch and he couldn't.

26 minutes ago, ozflyer said:

Thanks Gerald, after almost three years of using MCE, finally getting into flows and customising SOP's.

Is there a list of words FO can say , I tried to get him to say dispatch and he couldn't.

Hello.

The MCE voice packs are truly great. Over 4000 words recorded by the MCE voice actors! However there is a limit to what they can say outside of the flight deck lingo!

A wonderful flexibility of MCE is that we can use tts voices. I like Cereproc voices. They have male/female, Scottish, Welsh, Irish, English/northern/southern, American/East Coast/West Coast/Mexican, .....you name it. Now these Cereproc voices have a huge vocabulary. Well it's what your paying for! So that's my advice if you want to get creative with Notify commands!:cool:

You can't choose in the competitors program, they all sound rather trite!:ohmy:

Cheers!

40 minutes ago, charlie130 said:

Hello.

The MCE voice packs are truly great. Over 4000 words recorded by the MCE voice actors! However there is a limit to what they can say outside of the flight deck lingo!

Just to be more precise.

About 4500 recordings per Fo voice packs. Most of them full sentences. About 2000 recordings are single word, intended for custom checklists, custom replies and Notify statements.

And yes, for extreme flexibility, in some cases quality TTS voices can be useful.

You could try saying "ramp agent" instead of dispatch, as having recorded the 'Stuart' FO, I seem to recall these were words which I recorded. 

BTW, I don't know if you have tried using Radar Contact 4 with MCE, since I also did recordings for Radar Contact, like William and Lorna we, as FO, can handle the radio Comms with RC4 too. Just need to say "your Comms" or "you have the radio" and the FO will handle that for you when flying. You can of course use your own voice to communicate with ATC, even the default, but in the real world the pilot not flying (PNF) usually handles the radio.  MCE will also communicate with PF3 too, instead of RC4, but I personally find that RC4 is more reliable at getting you from A to B, so long as you don't miss a crossing point, then both RC4 and PF3 can get confused. 

You might want to check out videos on YouTube by David Jerky too, if you haven't done so already.

Cheers,

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Thanks Stuart. Folks can use your voice as their first officer and have "you" transmit comms to RC4. How's that for reality! Cool or what!

Unfortunately David "Jerky" is a bit miffed off right now. He can't get his MCE to work with RC4? Ever since he "upgraded" to P3dv4?

Strange thing is, it won't even work in the old P3dv3 version, so something is seriously knackered on his install?

Oh well...progress?:blush:

Cheers.