alhefner

problem with view when p3d across 2 monitors

I now have three monitors. Two are identical and one is a different brand/model. I've managed to combine the two identical monitors for one wide display of 3840X1080 but, when I try to display p3d v4 across both, the view is "zoomed in" so that my pilot view of the VC is very limited. The zoom factor that p3d reports is 0.30 which is fine using just one monitor but, across two, is really unusable. I tried to add an image but... no luck.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Separated the monitors and had to undo the "Invidia Surround"... it was causing all sorts of strange display issues while flying!

However, even just trying to expand the display of the VC across more than one monitor still makes the view so zoomed in that I really can't use it.

You have to set WideViewAspect to True (ON), then you can zoom out further.

On a separate matter, I think you do need to have Surround on if you want to have a single window across both monitors. You don't say what the 'strange display issues' were so I can't comment specifically.

The "strange display issues" were things like changing the view from pilot seat to ground if I pressed the space bar to try and use the mouse to move the view around and things like that.

I'll give the wide aspect a shot...