Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

FSDT GSX Repeatable crash

Just now, somiller said:

Does SFO show as installed in FSDT Addon Manager?

Nope.

1 minute ago, BuddyDog said:

Well I am stumped, but GSX is a fickle mistress:dry:

Kind of insulting as the only reason I bought it was for the pushback. At least I got it on sale, though I do hope FS2Crew’s pushback service releases soon..

Only thing I can think of at this point is to uninstall GSX. Download the latest GSX from FSDT website, and install it...then run the Live Updater from the shortcut on your desktop. If that doesn't solve the problem, I'm at a loss, and I suppose the only solution will be to deal with Umberto on FSDT forums...sorry!

• Upvote 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

2 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

Kind of insulting as the only reason I bought it was for the pushback. At least I got it on sale, though I do hope FS2Crew’s pushback service releases soon..

I was not insulting you.  I am merely stating it is a very temperamental program, much like it's publisher.

Stephen Forsgren

Just now, somiller said:

Only thing I can think of at this point is to uninstall GSX. Download the latest GSX from FSDT website, and install it...then run the Live Updater from the shortcut on your desktop. If that doesn't solve the problem, I'm at a loss, and I suppose the only solution will be to deal with Umberto on FSDT forums...sorry!

Sigh, already did that. I don’t suppose there’s any way to get a refund from them, is there? :dry:

Just now, BuddyDog said:

I was not insulting you.  I am merely stating it is a very temperamental program, much like it's publisher.

No, I wasn’t referring to you, I was referring to FSDT. As in the one thing I bought it to do, it messes it up. My apologies if it came across any different than intended.

Don't know about the refund.

John, have you checked FlightBeam Manager "Troubleshooting" tab to see if you have any conflicting files for SFO?

• Upvote 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

Just now, somiller said:

Don't know about the refund.

John, have you checked FlightBeam Manager "Troubleshooting" tab to see if you have any conflicting files for SFO?

I’ll check, standby.

Try correcting the issue with FB manager...I doubt that will help, but never hurts to try.

I'm searching FB forums right now to see if there are any reports of this problem.

• Upvote 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

1 minute ago, somiller said:

Try correcting the issue with FB manager...I doubt that will help, but never hurts to try.

I have before and it made no difference. It used to work before I ran the updater in the sim, now whatever it touched messed it up.

Found this in a FSDT forum post.

Try to reset your GSX preferences, by removing this folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali

And then reinstall GSX using the Full installer.

• Upvote 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

2 minutes ago, somiller said:

Found this in a FSDT forum post.

Try to reset your GSX preferences, by removing this folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali

And then reinstall GSX using the Full installer.

Remove the entire Virtuali folder, correct?

That's what it says...I copied pasted from the post by Umberto. I checked, and it's in C:\user\yourusername\appdata\roaming\virtuali

• Upvote 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1