Sign in to follow this  
Matthew James de Bohun

Does anyone recommend Black Marble?

4 hours ago, Cruachan said:

Hi Matthew,

That's an odd one to be sure. I wouldn't have thought it mattered. I have components of my 200-300GB (might be more, haven't checked recently) P3D installation spread over 3 drives C:, D: and E:. The core installation - Client, Content and Scenery - is on D:. Assuming your installation is not that different I'm finding it hard to understand why the installer can't be pointed to the Prepar3D v4 root folder. As far as I am aware, all the Black Marble installer needs to know is the location of that folder in order to achieve a successful install of the CDS folder and its content at the correct location.

Please let us know the outcome....and don't you dare throw in the towel!   There will be a solution.

Regards,

Mike 😀

Unfortunately I wasn't able to successfully resolve my problem. Chris I must say provided an excellent level of support but ultimately I couldn't progress. The issue resolves around my rather unorthodox set up in which I seem to recall that P3D insisted on residing in part on my C drive.

At the timer my C drive had limited space so I pointed the installer to my E drive. The result being I have a jumble of stuff here there and everywhere.

At some point I may reinstall everything and try and get some semblance of order but with all my add ons and the various custom tweaks I had to employ to get some of them to work it fills me with dread! :D

I'm also abroad a lot so really want to spend my limited time here in the UK in the virtual skies rather than looking at download screens and file directories.

Anyway thanks once again everyone for all the help and suggestions.

• Upvote 1

P3D & X-Plane 11 - Videos and streaming @ V Special 1

Matthew - I had an issue on FSX:SE which was due to incorrect registry entries. I realise P3D may well be very different but it may be worth taking a look. 

I don't know if you can access this link to part of Creative Design Studios NE forum, but if you scroll down to the bottom where my screenshots are you'll see the problem I had with in correct registry key

https://forums.chrisbelldesigns.com/topic/311-very-very-unusable/?tab=comments#comment-5090

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Thank you Mark :ampun:
unfortunately Matthew's case is slightly different,
this is actually the only case in our history we had to turn down a customer :(
its not that BM wont work on his system; our installers have security checks embedded in them,
we have to validate Sim root dir prior to installing; the way his root dir is setup will instantly trigger a stop on our installer side,
we install into every single sim root scenery folder; our installer logic doesn't know to look for prats of dir in multiple places,

there is one workaround that could potentially help in this situation; but it is imo a band aid on a broken leg,
nevertheless it should still work if sim root is showing all its folders with correct files in path,
by manipulating file system with symbolic link directory pointers,
https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/

• Upvote 1