Sign in to follow this  
oriusmagus

advice on harddrives needed

Hi,

soon my new components for the new rig will arrive. Therefore I need your tips, how to configurate the harddrives. I got 2x (same) SSD and one 1TB HDD. I will install win on the SSD for sure.

Can anyone tell me, how to deal with the 2 SSD's? Is it possible to connect them to 1 big harddrive on which I can install win and p3dv4? What would you do? :)

Developer          www.facebook.com/Crossfeed-Design

Phil

I have the OS on one SSD,  P3D on another SSD, and data on the 1 TB harddrive.

Neat and tidy..

Bert

On 11/29/2017 at 6:43 PM, oriusmagus said:

Sorry for the delay,

500GB each :)

At the moment (old rig) the SSD is nearly full. But running OS, P3D and some other important stuff on this SSD. things I dont really need often are on the HDD and the 2. SSD not installed yet

I'd install P3D on the new SSD and the OS on the old one. You don't need to dedicate the entire new SSD to P3D. If you have other sims, games or apps, it's perfectly fine to install them on the same SSD. Just make sure you keep a little bit of free space (~10%) on both SSD's, since SSD's operate a bit more efficiently with some free space.

You can combine both SSD's into one big virtual disk in Windows, but this has performance implications, and if one SSD fails, the data on both becomes inaccessible.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP