stevenpow

Using default xplane 11 weather.

Evening everyone, So I recently purchased FS Global Real Weather and to be honest i don't really like the whole integration process. I like everything to be seamless and work in the background like ActiveSky. With FS global Real Weather you have to start the program then run the weather then start the sim then inject the weather, Yea not for me. So my question is, if I just use the normal default weather download from with in Xplane 11 and then I choose Noaa weather option for pilot2atc will there be a difference between the two programs? so will pilot2atc atis read out the same atis as the sim? or will there be a big difference? forgot to mention that I am also using skymaxx pro 4.6 and real weather connector.

Thank You

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just my opinion but if you set pilot2atc to use sim weather and X plane is updating the Metar file in the X-plane folder then they should be the same.  Since pilot2atc is not loading the weather from the internet I recommend shortening the refresh interval to 1 minute to reread the Metar file often.

I don't use X plane ATC and I some times like to start Pilot2ATC up before X plane to work on a flight plan etc.  Having it set to NOAA means that Pilot2ATC will have updated weather without the sim.  A big advantage in my books.  

If you have World Traffic 3 as well it relies on X plane Metar file and is often wrong but since the ATC in WT3 isn't that good yet what does it matter. At least until WT3 and P2A become aware of each other.  It will be a wonderful day!!!

I have Xenviro which obtains weather and updates the Metar file but only once I start a flight.  I really would like to see weather start as soon as I start X plane.   P2A is using NOAA weather so even without X plane it has the most current weather information and active runway information.

Have a great flight!

46 minutes ago, JeB1952 said:

Just my opinion but if you set pilot2atc to use sim weather and X plane is updating the Metar file in the X-plane folder then they should be the same.  Since pilot2atc is not loading the weather from the internet I recommend shortening the refresh interval to 1 minute to reread the Metar file often.

I don't use X plane ATC and I some times like to start Pilot2ATC up before X plane to work on a flight plan etc.  Having it set to NOAA means that Pilot2ATC will have updated weather without the sim.  A big advantage in my books.  

If you have World Traffic 3 as well it relies on X plane Metar file and is often wrong but since the ATC in WT3 isn't that good yet what does it matter. At least until WT3 and P2A become aware of each other.  It will be a wonderful day!!!

I have Xenviro which obtains weather and updates the Metar file but only once I start a flight.  I really would like to see weather start as soon as I start X plane.   P2A is using NOAA weather so even without X plane it has the most current weather information and active runway information.

Have a great flight!

Thank you very much I appreciate the answere.