Sign in to follow this  
F22Simpilot

Help with FSXSave

I tried to install FSXSave. It wanted by default to install to the programs folder where FSX would be into the modules folder, but I have FSX in the root of C. So I changed the install path to C FSX\modules\FSXSave. I started the Sim and the module under Addons wasn't there. I uninstalled and then reinstalled to C FSX\modules\ directly. Same result.

I don't know if FSUIPC is installed either. I don't use a registered copy, but shouldn't I see its module under Addons?

What's funny is that I have a few FSDreamTeam and FlightBeam airports installed and its DRM (or whatever you call it) module is installed under the Addons option at the top menu. So I don't understand why FSXSave and FSUIPC doesn't show up.

I know I installed SP1 and SP2.

Any and all help appreciated.

The fsuipc module has to be loaded via the dll.xml (located in the same folder as your fsx.cfg).  The module is located in FSX/Modules.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

So how does that help me with this and FSXSave?

When I installed both I just used their installer and expected it to work. Is there something else I need to do here?

1 hour ago, F22Simpilot said:

So how does that help me with this and FSXSave?

I found this tutorial on the Internet for P3D - https://nickjedl.eu/flight-simulator/how-to-install-fsxsave-into-p3d/.  It should be done exactly as shown for P3D except use the FSX directories and FSX exe.xml.  It shows you exactly what to enter in the exe.xml.  Just substitute your directory locations for FSX.

As you can see, for anything to show up in the Addon Menu for FSX, the module has to be loaded via the dll.xml or exe.xml. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

It looks like I got this to work. I looked at the dll.xml file and the others with Notepad++ and used Everything.exe to look for the dlls that may not exist. I did find a few so I deleted those entries. But first I made backups of those files. I updated FSUIPC and it loaded into the Addons menu and it appears I have to start the FSXSave.exe in the modules folder while in game in order for it to run. But your link there may give an idea. I can add that entry to the dll.xml file and then I think FSXSave should start automatically.

Many thanks for your help.

On 12/3/2017 at 5:05 PM, Jim Young said:

On 12/3/2017 at 7:44 PM, F22Simpilot said:

I can add that entry to the dll.xml file and then I think FSXSave should start automatically.

I know I'm a little bit late to the party here. I'm currently trying to install FSXSave into FSX and I'm having the same install issue most of the people I've seen. Unfortunately the link provided doesn't seem to work anymore. The problem I've got is that I cannot unpack the setup.exe to get access to the FSXSave.exe. I only have the setup.exe or the FSXSave.msi files that present in the zipped folder downloaded from the website.

I've added the fsxsave105 folder to the FSX/modules folder. For the entry in the dll.xml file, is it as simple as copying the FSUIPC entry and replacing "/Modules/FSUIPC.dll" with "/Modules/FSXsave.msi"?

Or I've also read it might be the exe.xml file. Is it as simple as adding the below? Is there anything else that needs adding anywhere?

<Launch.Addon>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Name>FSXSave</Name>
<Path>Modules\fsxsave105\setup.exe</Path>
<NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
</Launch.Addon>

Do I need to do both of these? Or one? Or neither and something else?

Edited by Mattie941

UKV1260spacer.png

I think you may have the odd line missing - this is what I have in mine:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>EXE.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Name>FSXSave</Name>
    <Path>Z:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Modules\FSXSave\FSXSave.exe</Path>
    <CommandLine>
    <CommandLine />
    <NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

You can probably omit the two CommandLine entries as they are empty.

If you have other entries (I have three) for other utilities don't remove them!

John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org