F22Simpilot

Help with FSXSave

I tried to install FSXSave. It wanted by default to install to the programs folder where FSX would be into the modules folder, but I have FSX in the root of C. So I changed the install path to C FSX\modules\FSXSave. I started the Sim and the module under Addons wasn't there. I uninstalled and then reinstalled to C FSX\modules\ directly. Same result.

I don't know if FSUIPC is installed either. I don't use a registered copy, but shouldn't I see its module under Addons?

What's funny is that I have a few FSDreamTeam and FlightBeam airports installed and its DRM (or whatever you call it) module is installed under the Addons option at the top menu. So I don't understand why FSXSave and FSUIPC doesn't show up.

I know I installed SP1 and SP2.

Any and all help appreciated.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The fsuipc module has to be loaded via the dll.xml (located in the same folder as your fsx.cfg).  The module is located in FSX/Modules.

So how does that help me with this and FSXSave?

When I installed both I just used their installer and expected it to work. Is there something else I need to do here?

1 hour ago, F22Simpilot said:

So how does that help me with this and FSXSave?

I found this tutorial on the Internet for P3D - https://nickjedl.eu/flight-simulator/how-to-install-fsxsave-into-p3d/.  It should be done exactly as shown for P3D except use the FSX directories and FSX exe.xml.  It shows you exactly what to enter in the exe.xml.  Just substitute your directory locations for FSX.

As you can see, for anything to show up in the Addon Menu for FSX, the module has to be loaded via the dll.xml or exe.xml. 

It looks like I got this to work. I looked at the dll.xml file and the others with Notepad++ and used Everything.exe to look for the dlls that may not exist. I did find a few so I deleted those entries. But first I made backups of those files. I updated FSUIPC and it loaded into the Addons menu and it appears I have to start the FSXSave.exe in the modules folder while in game in order for it to run. But your link there may give an idea. I can add that entry to the dll.xml file and then I think FSXSave should start automatically.

Many thanks for your help.