Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

Norden Bombsight for FSX

I am trying to create a Norden Bombsight for my own use. I have a bmp of the bombsight. It has an open area with the crosshairs. The problem is that the view around the crosshairs is forward and not down. I have tried to get a down or semi down view with no success. I saw a bombsight for CFS2 but it did not have any way to look down. It would be great if I could find a gauge to put on the bombsight to allow various look down angles. Any help sure would be appreciated.

Some time back someone told how to put a bmp in a CameraDefinition but I can't find it now.

Bob.

I made a camera definition too look down at 45° ahead. I cannot get it to show in FSX. Here is my camera definition: Why won't it show up? I plan to open the bombsight window when I have the view ahead.

[CameraDefinition.004]
Title = View Looking Down
Guid = {8BD44C77-54DA-4ac9-A128-8B24A4AA6566}
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = No
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.6
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = True
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
MomentumEffect = No
PitchPanRate=20
HeadingPanRate=60
InitialXyz= 0.0, -4.0, 0.0
InitialPbh= -45, 0, 0

Thanks, Bob.

If you search "FSX bombsight" there are several freeware and payware models that have "bombsights". Perhaps you could study one of those?

You can use a version of the FS9 "view" used in the "Spirit of St. Louis" periscope. For FSX only as it will fail in P3D.
It requires 3 layers to be part of the gauge & 1 requisite as part of the panel.cfg window.
1) The panel window must have a background of 0,0,0
Gauge requisites, ( #s 2 thru 4, must be in gauge) layered from background to foreground -
2) A background bitmap, with the color of 0,0,0 & the same size (or larger) & location of the following script.
3) The script -

<Element Name="THE VIEW">
	<Position X="124" Y="45"/>
	<CustomDraw Name="fs9view:view" X="197" Y="197" Pitch="90" Bank="0" Heading="0" OffsetUp="-1.884" OffsetForward="7.334" OffsetRight="1.001">
		<On>1</On>
		<Zoom>(L:Zoom, number) 0.25 max</Zoom>
	</CustomDraw>
</Element>

4) A foreground cover bitmap of which you already have.

More information about this is here. There are some posts over at FSDeveloper (via google) - The code does have it's drawbacks.

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap