Sign in to follow this  
robvanderwiele

Taxi maintenance question

Hello Dave,

I'm trying to change a taxi route I'm given after taxi clearance because this route is incorrect. 
But I'm struggling for some time now, I just can't figure out how to make this work.
I read the chapter in the manual and looked at your tutorial about Taxiway Maintenance - KEGE on the web site.
But I only create a complete mess when I'm trying to change the route.

The taxi route I want to change is at EHAM, I'm parked at gate D52 and want to taxi to runway 24, the program gives me a route which is not allowed. I want to follow the taxiways I draw (orange line). The Jeppesen chart shows clearly that taxiway A is the one to follow  and then A8 to S7. The program gives me taxiway B and then E1. 

Could you please explain how I can get this accomplished?

Regards,
Rob

Taxi_Maintenance_1.png

Taxi_Maintenance_2.png

Pilot2ATC gives instructions to the taxi path nearest the end of the selected runway.  Which it is doing correctly in the screenshot.

First I would try moving the end of the runway up to the top of the numbers (24).

You also will need to change one of the taxi points on S7 to a Hold_Short type.  In fact, it appears you don't have any Hold_Short Taxi Points, so you may want to add them to all the Hold Short Lines.

Dave

Hello Dave,

I tried what you explained, but moving the end of the runway didn't help. I also connected the hold short taxi point to the end of the runway but still no luck.

Taxi_Maintenance_3.png

I ended up with the situation in the image below and then it works ok, so moving the end of the runway line didn't had the expected result.

Taxi_Maintenance_4.png

Taxi_Maintenance_5.png

So now the last taxi point on the correct route is the closest to the start of the runway.

Taxi_Maintenance_6.png

Regards,
Rob

thanks for sharing your solution.

You may not be able to get instructions to 36R.  Give that a try and if it works, you're good to go.

Otherwise, you can try moving the end of RW24 further away from the taxiway behind it or move the taxi points on taxiway E1 away from the end of the runway. 

Dave

• Upvote 1

Everything looks ok Dave. All runways can be reached by P2A. But there are no departure routes for rwy 36R, so it wouldn't have been a problem.

Regards,
Rob