Sign in to follow this  
hqmurphy

Scenery.CFG Error

Hi All,

I had installed Dryzweicki Designs NY Airports V2 X and Miami X sceneries and I (thought) I successfully removed the scenery. But i've never been able to get rid of a pop-up at the beginning of P3D V4 Launch reading as follows:

" SCENERY.CFG error.

Could not find scenery NY airports V2 X's local scenery directory C:\ Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4\Addon Scenery\NY Airports v2 X\SCENERY

Would you like to unload this area?

[Yes/No]"

(The same config error goes for Miami as well...)

Typically this is no issue as I just hit "Yes" and go about my flight. However, I also have FSDT JFK Installed (my preferred JFK scenery), and there are now 2 sets of jetways as a result of the error, and it can make parking at a stand very difficult when a jetway (that's not supposed to be there) is extended over the yellow parking lines, effectively blocking the aircraft from pulling in.

It seems like I need to delete some entries from a .CFG but, I can't find it for the life of me. Any help is much appreciated, as always.

Cheers,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello hqmurphy

The Scenery.cfg file is located here 

Local Disk (C:) ► ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D -  Scenery.cfg 

A quick way of locating this file is to Copy the TEX below and Paste it into your Windows Search bar and click on the result,  this will bring you directly to the location 

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Open your Scenery.cfg file and Remove \ Delete the Complete entry as seen below.  When you are finished Click Save  (Top left) 

For Example...............

-----------

[Area.xxx]
Title=NY Airports v2
Local=C:\ Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4\Addon Scenery\NY Airports v2 X\SCENERY
Layer=xx
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

------------

Then launch Prepar3D Click into World > Scenery library and Confirm this Scenery has also been Removed from your Scenery Library as well,  If not use the Delete Area button (Middle Right) 

Then just Click Ok (Bottom right)  This will automatically renumber your Scenery entries correctly 

11 minutes ago, Poppet said:

Hello hqmurphy

The Scenery.cfg file is located below 

Local Disk (C:) ► ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D -  Scenery.cfg 

A quick way of locating this file is to Copy the TEX below and Paste it into your Windows Search bar and click on the result this will bring you directly to the location 

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Open you Scenery.cfg file and Remove the complete entry below.  When you are finished Click Save  (Top left) 

For Example...............

-----------

[Area.xxx]
Title=NY Airports v2
Local=C:\ Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4\Addon Scenery\NY Airports v2 X\SCENERY
Layer=xx
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

------------

Then launch Prepar3D Click into World > Scenery library and just Click Ok (Bottom right)  This will renumber your Scenery entries correctly 

Hi Poppet! Thank you for helping me out - truly appreciated. I have two questions for you--

1. It seems that everytime I delete the area.xx entry it regenerates itself on my scenery.cfg (now have tried 5x)

2. When i'm in the sim, it doesn't allow me to deselect NY Airports v2

I had this happen when I uninstalled LatinVFR's KMIA v3. The problem was the LatinVFR KMIA folder in the Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder. All I did was remove that folder and the error went away.

I'm not certain that's the appropriate way to do things, and you should probably wait for Poppet or someone who knows what they're doing, but you might check that location for a NY Airports folder.

Hello hqmurphy

The Scenery entries that are Greyed out are you using the Add-on.xml file method,  These Scenery's are launched from the Prepar3D v4 Add-On folder In the Documents location on your C Drive.

As Mike has suggested just Click and Drag the NY Airports Scenery folder out of this location If you don't have this Scenery anymore.

You can also Disable Add On's using this Add-on.xml file method by clicking Options  (Top Menu)  and Into Add On's   here you have Enable and Disable Add On's 

But if you no longer have this Scenery just click and drag the folder out of this location