Sign in to follow this  
PhilJ

Help Needed - Brown Horizon Problem

I am trying to use Adamski_NZ's PTA preset "Adam_PTA_26_01" but I get this horrible looking horizon and clouds. Does anyone know what causes this?

Using PTA 2.60 and P3D 4.1

01671.jpg

I've tried a few other presets and this only happens on one other but I really want to get this one to work.

Edited by PhilJ
New Image Posted

Already tried that. Even replaced the default ones with my own clean backup just in case the PTA ones had become corrupted,

13 minutes ago, PhilJ said:

Already tried that. Even replaced the default ones with my own clean backup just in case the PTA ones had become corrupted,

Tried installing P3d v4.1 Client only, this will restore the original shaders in case your current backups are corrupted.

Have a look at the following tutorial on how to do this if the steps are not clear, hope this helps and kind regards

Sorry saw that you had replaced the default ones with your own clean backup, was this via the client reinstall or other backup? You could also try another preset just to see if the skyline is color is resolved.

Edited by Tokitaumelie
Edit

Thanks for the replies, but I have already tried all of that. I've tried to cover all the basic stuff and I posted here as a last resort as I'm now stuck.

I'm thinking it's a setting somewhere as it's not happening in other presets that I've tried.

The only part in Adamski_NZ's install instructions that I couldn't follow is installing FEX clouds as I don't have them. I use either ASCA or REX.

1 minute ago, PhilJ said:

Thanks for the replies, but I have already tried all of that. I've tried to cover all the basic stuff and I posted here as a last resort as I'm now stuck.

I'm thinking it's a setting somewhere as it's not happening in other presets that I've tried.

So other presets work fine? In that case best you try and message Adam as he would be best-placed to answer your query on the ini. settings for his file.

Kind regards

Hmmmm .... weird!!!

1) Does this also happen with "clear" weather selected - or only when there's mist?

2) Does this happen at all times of the day - or dawn/dusk?

3) What sky/clouds texture set are you using?

4) Just as double check - is HDR enabled and the values set to those in the preset?

I suspect that it's your sky textures causing a strange palette shift at certain times of the day (the brown clouds are a give-away). My 26_01 actually has a tiny bit of blue dialled in for haze, so you really shouldn't be seeing things going that red/brown.

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

47 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Hmmmm .... weird!!!

1) Does this also happen with "clear" weather selected - or only when there's mist?

2) Does this happen at all times of the day - or dawn/dusk?

3) What sky/clouds texture set are you using?

4) Just as double check - is HDR enabled and the values set to those in the preset?

I suspect that it's your sky textures causing a strange palette shift at certain times of the day (the brown clouds are a give-away). My 26_01 actually has a tiny bit of blue dialled in for haze, so you really shouldn't be seeing things going that red/brown.

Adam.

1) Happens with all weather cleared.

2) The whole day, but between 2200 and 0500 the brown turns a ghostly white.

3) Using REX textures, I found a preset called "Adam_PTA_???" so using that while I'm testing. Happens with default clouds too though.

4) HDR is enabled with the correct settings. Enabling the preset takes care of this though doesn't it?

EDIT: Just activated the preset without any of the options under clouds checked and all looks normal, so definitely a cloud setting issue.

2 minutes ago, PhilJ said:

1) Happens with all weather cleared.

2) The whole day, but between 2200 and 0500 the brown turns a ghostly white.

3) Using REX textures, I found a preset called "Adam_PTA_???" so using that while I'm testing. Happens with default clouds too though.

4) HDR is enabled with the correct settings. Enabling the preset takes care of this though doesn't it?

Yes - allowing the preset to control the HDR is generally OK.

I don't think it's the clouds textures at fault - more like the sky settings. That theme was done ages ago (I think). I no longer use it, so I'll see what I have set up now. I wanted a much brighter sky in general, so rather than tweak the PTA settings excessively (which not everyone would like) I created a set based on my old FEX (not REX) skies.

As an experiment, try some other sky theme - see if that changes anything!

Adam.

Just tried a few other themes and it's still the same.

Just activated the preset without any of the options under clouds checked and all looks normal, so definitely a cloud setting issue. Going to disable each option under clouds one by one to see which one is causing the issue.

2 minutes ago, PhilJ said:

Just activated the preset without any of the options under clouds checked and all looks normal, so definitely a cloud setting issue. Going to disable each option under clouds one by one to see which one is causing the issue.

When you isolate the setting, let me know which theme you're using so I can see what I get. Also - post a pic with your SLEW co-ordinates and I'll try to replicate the shot.

Adam.

Found the setting. It's the "Cirrus Lighting".

Positioned at KTIW Runway 35 and just slew up a few thousand feet.

Rex theme is one called Maldives Realistic Theme.

Ok I thought I am the only one, but indeed looks terrible, specially at night. Final turn to EDDF to 07R last night at approx 5000 ft, I got sudden blinding flash (!) to the point that screen was totally white! Wing view down was OK though. Luckily changed at about 4000 ft so I was able to land. Tried more or less everything during the flight but no help. Changed settings, applied Mat's settings but nope. Gerrard helped me with few ideas but nothing worked. I have to say, that haze, color from above and closer to the plane all looks amazing but horizon kills it totally to the point of not usable! In the middle of the flight I closed ASP4 to see what's happening and all looked white of course. If anyone has any idea how to overcome this I would appreciate.

Hopefully someone will find the fix or I have to dump it totally at this moment. Just not sure how to disable it until fix is found.

Alex 

2 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Thanks, Phil. I'll take a looksee!

Adam.

Adam, just FYI, I was using Gerard's set up, and same issue. Just wondering, if you can't produce yourself on your PC, could it be something that we run on our machines differently....?

Alex 

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.