Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

REX Skyforce 3D

I don't know if this has already been asked, but, considering that the HiFI developers don't reply on this item, I try and ask here:

Will Rex Skyforce 3D be compatible with the PMDG weather radar?

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

James Goggi

In any case I would wait for the first reviews as I cannot imagine that REX Skyforce will be so much different than ActiveSky even in fact that its compatible with FSX, P3D v1,2,3 and 4. This makes me a bit scared.

• Upvote 2

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

Well, it's already something, we now know that there hasn't been a joint PMDG/REX development/testing...

James Goggi

2 minutes ago, jgoggi said:

Well, it's already something, we now know that there hasn't been a joint PMDG/REX development/testing...

We never implied that there was one.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

3 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

We never implied that there was one.

Yes, I know, I based my thought on the previous cooperation between PMDG and HiFi in order to make Activesky compatible with the wx radar...

• Upvote 1

James Goggi

5 hours ago, jgoggi said:

Yes, I know, I based my thought on the previous cooperation between PMDG and HiFi in order to make Activesky compatible with the wx radar...

I’d imagine that collaboration was due to Hifi needing to refine their tech as it was the first weather radar that actually worked properly. 

Well, according to REX, they reached out to PMDG multiple times, but apparently the talks went silent.  This is from their Facebook page, concerning the upcoming Skyforce release.  Sounds like it will work, they just need to work with PMDG to integrate it.  I definitely plan on getting Skyforce, so I hope that PMDG and REX will do whatever they need to do to get them to work together.

• Upvote 3

Gents,

ah.  The old REX standby excuse. This is probably the fifth time we have seen this thrown out to customers by REX playing the victim card.

It is funny that when I reach out to compliment them on their work I get an answer within hours, but then they suddenly can’t get an answer from us at some other time.

They don’t have trouble reaching our support team to ask for free licenses, nor did they have a hard time reaching me the last time they updated their product and wanted us to interface with it.

I highly doubt we will bother with the thing. This same tired trope is just, exhausting. We have enough on our plates without having to waste time playing games.

With all of the ways they know of to reach various members of our development team, here, by email, by phone or by support- it just starts sounding silly.

• Upvote 9

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com