Dirk98

P3Dv4.1 MCE RC4 ATC broken (networked config)

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I'm afraid MCE's interaction in P3Dv4.1 with RC4's ATC is completely broken in the current version, at least when it is in a networked configuration, like I run RC4 on a client pc.

The Flight Plan gets recognized by MCE Ok (EGLL to EHAM), FO responds to almost anything you throw at him correctly, Voxkey works perfect even with longer requests. 

MCE seems to be unable to recognize any variation of the request to RC4's ATC (like "Heathrow Clearance Speedbird five four [with November] request ATC clearance Amsterdam]. The MCE's recognition text on the screen shows only the first part correctly "heathrow clearance speed bird_5_4..." and then comes all kind of nonsense irrelevant to the request made. As I mentioned FO works perfect, reacts correctly to different requests, including "Going to Clearance Delivery" - switches COM1 frequency correctly, "What is our Callsign" etc., meaning MCE recognizes all my commands correctly, to the point when I'm starting to communicate to RC4 (Del key is pressed and the sound is playing).

Please troubleshoot or fix it.

Thanks,

Igor.

P3Dv4.1

MCE v2.7.43 (Copilot: Clive) 

RC4 installed on a networked PC, MCE recorded voice packs for Radar Contact is installed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

6 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

Hello,

"heathrow clearance speed bird_5_4..."

This suggests MCE is getting Native ATC text.

It's only with Native ATC that the speech grammar is dynamically updated to recognize airport names like "Heathrow" or "Dusseldorf".

With RC4 and PF3, except with major control centers, like "London Control", "Frankfurt center", avoid using center name at the beginning of the sentence. Start with

"Ground", "Tower", "departure", etc....

In "mce.ini", should have

[ATC]

Mode=RC4

IgnoreRC4Registry=1

RC4Path=whatever_mce_path_has_put_there_not_manually_entered.

Go to ATC tab and confirm it is showing "using Radar Contact ATC" and correct call-sign (as entered in RC4, remote machine) displayed

Ask co-pilot, confirm ATC options, and see if a TTS voice reads the content of RC4 ATC window within P3D.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FS++ said:

This suggests MCE is getting Native ATC text.

It's only with Native ATC that the speech grammar is dynamically updated to recognize airport names like "Heathrow" or "Dusseldorf".

With RC4 and PF3, except with major control centers, like "London Control", "Frankfurt center", avoid using center name at the beginning of the sentence. Start with

"Ground", "Tower", "departure", etc....

I also tried with "Clearance delivery" or just "Delivery" without success.

Edited by Dirk98

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, FS++ said:

In "mce.ini", should have

[ATC]

Mode=RC4

IgnoreRC4Registry=1

RC4Path=whatever_mce_path_has_put_there_not_manually_entered.

Go to ATC tab and confirm it is showing "using Radar Contact ATC" and correct call-sign (as entered in RC4, remote machine) displayed

Yes, it all is there in mce.ini, otherwise how would FO know and tune Delivery frequency or confirm my custom Callsign when asked? Anyway I confirm all lines as per above are there.

Edited by Dirk98

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, FS++ said:

Ask co-pilot, confirm ATC options, and see if a TTS voice reads the content of RC4 ATC window within P3D.

 

I'll try that shortly and report. What answer am I supposed to hear from TTS?

Btw, I did only Windows Training (Creators Fall Update here), so I'll run MCE own training as suggested in the neighboring thread on MCE training. However FO and Voxkey have worked perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Yes, it all is there in mce.ini, otherwise how would FO know and tune Delivery frequency or confirm my custom Callsign when asked? Anyway I confirm all lines as per above are there.

The crucial thing is the text he retrieves from the sim. That's where he gets his frequencies from.

I'm guessing he has the correct frequency because he retrieved native ATC text, which also has it in " - Tune Heathrow clearance on XXXX.XX"

Play with the RC4 text menu manually and ask Fo to read the text inside it. Bearing and distance are intentionally ignored.

Unless he does so, it won't work

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, FS++ said:

I'm guessing he has the correct frequency because he retrieved native ATC text, which also has it in " - Tune Heathrow clearance on XXXX.XX"

No, that's not right, as P3D default frequency shown in ATC window (`key) differs from the one in RC4. Also how would FO confirm the callsign from RC4 correctly otherwise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

No, that's not right, as P3D default frequency shown in ATC window (`key) differs from the one in RC4. Also how would FO confirm the callsign from RC4 correctly otherwise?

MCE gets the call-sign and flight plan from "rcv3.dat" file on your networked machine. That part seems to be working.

Now, need to check MCE is able to read the content of the RC4 ATC window at any time. The window that has title "SimConnect Message Window."

Also say "show ATC" and "hide ATC" to check whether MCE can control that window.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FS++ said:

Also say "show ATC" and "hide ATC" to check whether MCE can control that window.

Yes, I did that already several times, and it worked ok.

I'll test RC4 window with FO shortly.

Edited by Dirk98

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FS++ said:

This suggests MCE is getting Native ATC text.

It's only with Native ATC that the speech grammar is dynamically updated to recognize airport names like "Heathrow" or "Dusseldorf".

With RC4 and PF3, except with major control centers, like "London Control", "Frankfurt center", avoid using center name at the beginning of the sentence. Start with

"Ground", "Tower", "departure", etc...

How about ATC clearance "Amsterdam". Should I call "Echo Hotel Alpha Mike" instead?

Thanks,

Igor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

How about ATC clearance "Amsterdam". Should I call "Echo Hotel Alpha Mike" instead?

Thanks,

Igor.

For departure and arrival airports which MCE can get the name for, by looking at the flight plan (airportName), first try "Amsterdam delivery" or "Schiphol delivery", "Schiphol tower" etc..

If it doesn't seem to be recognized well, use "Clearance delivery Speedbird XXXX requesting ATC clearance to XXX"

For departure, approach, it may not work when you start the message with the ATC name.

For non-towered airports, it's best to just start with "Traffic"

 

Basically, there are about a couple of hundred ATC names the speech grammar expects (mostly major airports. The ones for which RC4 has recordings) + the known departutre and arrival airports. 

Putting 12000 airport names in grammar hoping for the speech engine to get it right isn't effective. It would bloat the grammar and make speech engine hesitate more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FS++ said:

For departure and arrival airports which MCE can get the name for, by looking at the flight plan (airportName), first try "Amsterdam delivery" or "Schiphol delivery", "Schiphol tower" etc..

If it doesn't seem to be recognized well, use "Clearance delivery Speedbird XXXX requesting ATC clearance to XXX"

Amsterdam was the destination from Heathrow. So it should have been:

"Clearance delivery Speedbird 54 requesting ATC clearance to Amsterdam" 

I'll try that.

Thanks,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Amsterdam was the destination from Heathrow. So it should have been:

"Clearance delivery Speedbird 54 requesting ATC clearance to Amsterdam" 

I'll try that.

Thanks,

 

Should definitely work, even if Amsterdam isn't recognized at the end.

What matters is that MCE won't select an option in ATC window unless it can see  hotkey - CLR by CD...." somewhere in the text

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Show ATC does not work

Hide ATC works Ок.

"Clearance delivery Speedbird 54 requesting ATC clearance to Amsterdam" breaks down further communications with everybody.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now