Sign in to follow this  
JNS

FSW Download question

Hi.  I've never dealt with Dovetail before, but just purchased FSW.  Is it possible to download FSW to one computer and then actually do the install on my sim computer which would be connected to internet for the actual install process.  It didn't appear that I could, but would prefer that.

Thanks,

Jeff

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

3 hours ago, JNS said:

Hi.  I've never dealt with Dovetail before, but just purchased FSW.  Is it possible to download FSW to one computer and then actually do the install on my sim computer which would be connected to internet for the actual install process.  It didn't appear that I could, but would prefer that.

Thanks,

Jeff

Yes you can. You can install it in as many computers as you want. But you can't run the sim in more than 1 steam online account at the same time (meaning you can't use it in both your computers at the same time, what I think you won't do).

But you can keep it in multiple machines without any problem. I have it in my notebook and main PC. When I'm out of home I fly on my notebook and when I'm home on my main.

• Upvote 1

Thanks.  Actually, I didn't want to install on more than one machine (flight-sim computer), but wanted to have the program software downloaded to one computer somewhat as an archive, I guess you would say, and then just transfer it to my sim computer for the actual install.  It appeared the only choice I had on Steam was to actually install it as it is downloading to the first computer.  All of my other sim software I download the program to computer 1 and then via HD transfer to sim computer for actual install.

Jeff

31 minutes ago, JNS said:

Thanks.  Actually, I didn't want to install on more than one machine (flight-sim computer), but wanted to have the program software downloaded to one computer somewhat as an archive, I guess you would say, and then just transfer it to my sim computer for the actual install.  It appeared the only choice I had on Steam was to actually install it as it is downloading to the first computer.  All of my other sim software I download the program to computer 1 and then via HD transfer to sim computer for actual install.

Jeff

Kind of. Steam will download and install it, but you can do a backup after the download is finished. 

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8794-yphv-2033

On this tutorial the first step shows how to do the backup, the second step shows how to restore on the other machine. It's really simple.

Thanks very much, ca_metal.  I'll take a look at that link.

Jeff