Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

CaptainSim 757 NOT a beta but 1.0 release

3 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

I read it in the CaptainSim forums as I stated above.  How is that falsehood or my opinion when I referenced the source. I posted what are the top topics posted over there. And I clearly stated what I encountered.  

Come now. Don't be disengenuous. This is the way a poster(s) usually throw garbage around. Well gee let me give a list of alleged 'issues' besides my own. As I stated maybe if you spoke for yourself there would be less parroted nonsense around this plane.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

24 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

Have you visited their forum? I see the developers have actively been involved opening a thread for bugs and future requests.

Lenny, they do this after every release.  This is not unusual for them. What you want to watch for are these things:

1. How quickly they not only respond, but they actually fix the issues.
  2. If posts start to disappear after a long enough time passes and customers start to complain.
  3. Watch number 2 above especially when they announce their newest release and your $75.7 757 (I thought that was cute by the way) is still waiting to have bugs addressed...i.e. go browse the 777, L1011, etc forums with the same types of threads started.
  4. Watch for claims of features never promised when it's been long enough and people start complaining that those features that are not there.

I'm still hoping they'll actually keep interest in this release for at least 3-4 weeks after their next release (Which I'm guessing will be a 767). 

I'm thinking we may not have to wait too long as this was the same ploy marketing technique they used back when they tried and successfully beat QW (again) to the 757 release.

• Upvote 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

7 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

Come now. Don't be disengenuous. This is the way a poster(s) usually throw garbage around. Well gee let me give a list of alleged 'issues' besides my own. As I stated maybe if you spoke for yourself there would be less parroted nonsense around this plane.

Now your badgering the person which is clearly a AVSIM violation. I have clearly stated my own experiences which had nothing to do with sound as you implied and in other post I said I like the plane but I also disagree with the way CaptainSim released this. I also referenced the CS forum as a source. You need to stop backpedalling and let the topic continue. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, Wise87 said:

Now your badgering the person which is clearly a AVSIM violation. I have clearly stated my own experiences which had nothing to do with sound as you implied and in other post I said I like the plane but I also disagree with the way CaptainSim released this. I also referenced the CS forum as a source. You need to stop backpedalling and let the topic continue. 

I think there are a lot of simmers that have pre-judged this plane right from the outset. It turns out to be a fantastic plane. I've read several of the postings on their forum example about sounds. It sounds like people don't know how to configure their own system for most of the complaints. One of them - he couldn't hear any sounds outside and in? Really? Useless complaint. Why don't you actually find out what some of these state before using it in your complaint. And you were the one who responded to my post not the reverse. If you don't like my opinion why don't you ignore it. But to whine about it as 'badgering' is absurd and childish.

9 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Lenny, they do this after every release.  This is not unusual for them. What you want to watch for are these things:

1. How quickly they not only respond, but they actually fix the issues.
  2. If posts start to disappear after a long enough time passes and customers start to complain.
  3. Watch number 2 above especially when they announce their newest release and your $75.7 757 (I thought that was cute by the way) is still waiting to have bugs addressed...i.e. go browse the 777, L1011, etc forums with the same types of threads started.
  4. Watch for claims of features never promised when it's been long enough and people start complaining that those features that are not there.

I'm still hoping they'll actually keep interest in this release for at least 3-4 weeks after their next release (Which I'm guessing will be a 767). 

I'm thinking we may not have to wait too long as this was the same ploy marketing technique they used back when they tried and successfully beat QW (again) to the 757 release.

Well we shall see right? So far I have immensely enjoyed this plane if not pleasantly surprised after thinking it was a beta. When I took it for a couple of flights with full ILS landings and not a single problem which was noticeable I thought ' take it out of beta'. To learn it actually was not a beta is in reality  not something which bothered me in the least as I was one among hundreds who wanted their 757 and would buy it in beta form.

18 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

This is not unusual for them. What you want to watch for are these things:

How quickly they not only respond, but they actually fix the issues.

If posts start to disappear after a long enough time passes and customers start to complain.

Watch number 2 above especially when they announce their newest release and your $75.7 757 (I thought that was cute by the way) is still waiting to have bugs addressed...i.e. go browse the 777, L1011, etc forums with the same types of threads started.

Watch for claims of features never promised when it's been long enough and people start complaining that those features that are not there.

I'm still hoping they'll actually keep interest in this release for at least 3-4 weeks after their next release (Which I'm guessing will be a 767). 

I'm thinking we may not have to wait too long as this was the same ploy marketing technique they used back when they tried and successfully beat QW (again) to the 757 release.

Steve, I agree with you 100%. Will see what happens over the next few weeks. As I've stated in my previous post I preferred the CS 757 over the QW 757 and I reported a great flight yesterday with a few minor issues but no show stoppers. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Topic locked.  The objective of posting this topic has been served (to let the membership know of a new product).  We have a Captain Sim Forum.  Let's continue the discussions there.  There's already a very long 11 page plus discussion going on there.  The arguments above are not violations of the AVSIM Terms of Service. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10