Sign in to follow this  
TalonMX

CaptainSim 757 NOT a beta but 1.0 release

I don't know about the rest of you but CaptainSim announced that the 757 that was released yesterday is not a open beta they polled about but a v1.0 release. They of course did not mention this until 24hrs after the sale had started. So if your thinking it's a beta, it's not. It's a very buggy v1.0 release for sure. Especially at the $75 price tag. 

Announcement

Per CS" Just to clarify as some people are a little confused on the 757 release status, and call it "Beta 4", "open beta" etc 

The Beta 4 was released for in-house testing in December and never was available for purchase. Even after the poll was 87% YES.

After the Beta 4 we released for in-house testing Beta 09. Which never was available for purchase either. 

The current (and the only) version available for purchase is 1.0, which was never announced or advertised as Beta.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It's NOT a "very buggy release". It  has less issues then other comparable planes from FSLabs, PMDG, etc.  when they were released.  No plane when released is perfect but that's a mischaracterization.

I agree that it is buggy, but I would say it's also a bit flawed. The engine physics modelling is reminiscent of default FSX aircraft where it may as well not even be a jet engine because you can spool up or down in no time at all. The engine sounds are also nothing special, extremely quiet at idle as well. I will say I appreciate the autopilot and FMS is working quite well at this point but it seems they've really botched the immersion.

19 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

It's NOT a "very buggy release". It  has less issues then other comparable planes from FSLabs, PMDG, etc.  when they were released.  No plane when released is perfect but that's a mischaracterization.

Sorry Lenny but I've seen some give it hi praise and others talk about CTD a few times before they got in the air.  Yes everything releases with bugs.  Oh well such is life.  CS released a product they said it was a Beta. Which means ACTIVE development.  By swapping it to a release version after so many purchased it is a slap to the face.  This in a sense means they think it's stable enough in it's current version to go long periods without major updates so no longer in active development but more on the lines of "we'll get to it when we get to it" which in their track record has been horrid.  I've been waiting on promised fixes that almost render their C-130 worthless (sounds especially) for nearly a decade.  I truly hope everything got the product they think they deserve, but to swap the release variant like this almost feels like some good people got swindled.  Just wow.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

Well many on there forums who have been reporting issues such as spool up, radio tuning, reversers, sounds, etc. I myself have come across a few after a second day of flying it. My auto-throttle stopped responding during decent, I couldn't get the ILS back to Auto Mode. The cockpit lighting at dusk are delayed until complete night. Yes I can fly it but it is buggy for the price. 

• Upvote 1

As CS has clearly stated "What's the difference the initial release version number make? We'd call it 0.1 or 11.5."

Funny I have heard something similar from another popular person, LOL 

• Upvote 1

I am just shocked that a flight sim developer would push a buggy, overpriced product out the door. Shocked! :dry:

• Upvote 6

Funny how CaptainSim didn't correct anyone for over 24 hours when the entire FlightSim Community to include Facebook, Forums, and Twitch Streamers were referring to it as the BETA release. I guess they didn't want to hurt sales. Even FSElite had to post a correction an hour ago.  

21 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

I am just shocked that a flight sim developer would push a buggy, overpriced product out the door. Shocked! :dry:

Are You? I mean are you really?

Lol...I'm not. It seems this behavior is becoming more and more mainstream.

1 minute ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Are You? I mean are you really?

Lol...I'm not. It seems this behavior is becoming more and more mainstream.

I think his post might have been sarcastic :biggrin:

1 hour ago, thibodba57 said:

Sorry Lenny but I've seen some give it hi praise and others talk about CTD a few times before they got in the air.  Yes everything releases with bugs.  Oh well such is life.  CS released a product they said it was a Beta. Which means ACTIVE development.  By swapping it to a release version after so many purchased it is a slap to the face.  This in a sense means they think it's stable enough in it's current version to go long periods without major updates so no longer in active development but more on the lines of "we'll get to it when we get to it" which in their track record has been horrid.  I've been waiting on promised fixes that almost render their C-130 worthless (sounds especially) for nearly a decade.  I truly hope everything got the product they think they deserve, but to swap the release variant like this almost feels like some good people got swindled.  Just wow.

Have you visited their forum? I see the developers have actively been involved opening a thread for bugs and future requests. So to us who have purchased it believing it was beta and in fact well over 85% of people were polled indicating they would buy the beta what has changed? Absolutely nothing. And to you who actually bought it have you posted your issues/requests on the forum? Probably not.

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

Well many on there forums who have been reporting issues such as spool up, radio tuning, reversers, sounds, etc. I myself have come across a few after a second day of flying it. My auto-throttle stopped responding during decent, I couldn't get the ILS back to Auto Mode. The cockpit lighting at dusk are delayed until complete night. Yes I can fly it but it is buggy for the price. 

I haven't had any of those problems. The spool up issue doesn't effect the flight of the aircraft. It spools very quickly but the reality is if this effected in any way the flight dynamics or anything else I would want it changed immediately. it doesn't.  The sound set? Are you kidding me.? The sounds are great. You do know they were made by TSS studios right? Have you ever bought their sound packs for other crafts? I guess not.

8 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

I haven't had any of those problems. The spool up issue doesn't effect the flight of the aircraft. It spools very quickly but the reality is if this effected in any way the flight dynamics or anything else I would want it changed immediately. it doesn't.  The sound set? Are you kidding me.? The sounds are great. You do know they were made by TSS studios right? Have you ever bought their sound packs for other crafts? I guess not.

We’re in this who entire posting did I say I had the sound issues? Read before you point a finger. I clearly stated what others had posted and what I experienced. And I clearly listed what I encounters and it says nothing about sound.

1 minute ago, Wise87 said:

We’re in this who entire posting did I say I had the sound issues? Read before you point a finger. I clearly stated what others had posted and what I experienced. And I clearly listed what I encounters and it says nothing about sound.

Well maybe instead of parroting falsehoods you could keep to your own opinions because you see when you state that "many" you seen to suggest there is actually an issue. There isn't.

Just now, Lenny777 said:

Well maybe instead of parroting falsehoods you could keep to your own opinions because you see when you state that "many" you seen to suggest there is actually an issue. There isn't.

I read it in the CaptainSim forums as I stated above.  How is that falsehood or my opinion when I referenced the source. I posted what are the top topics posted over there. And I clearly stated what I encountered.  

3 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

I read it in the CaptainSim forums as I stated above.  How is that falsehood or my opinion when I referenced the source. I posted what are the top topics posted over there. And I clearly stated what I encountered.  

Come now. Don't be disengenuous. This is the way a poster(s) usually throw garbage around. Well gee let me give a list of alleged 'issues' besides my own. As I stated maybe if you spoke for yourself there would be less parroted nonsense around this plane.

24 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

Have you visited their forum? I see the developers have actively been involved opening a thread for bugs and future requests.

Lenny, they do this after every release.  This is not unusual for them. What you want to watch for are these things:

1. How quickly they not only respond, but they actually fix the issues.
  2. If posts start to disappear after a long enough time passes and customers start to complain.
  3. Watch number 2 above especially when they announce their newest release and your $75.7 757 (I thought that was cute by the way) is still waiting to have bugs addressed...i.e. go browse the 777, L1011, etc forums with the same types of threads started.
  4. Watch for claims of features never promised when it's been long enough and people start complaining that those features that are not there.

I'm still hoping they'll actually keep interest in this release for at least 3-4 weeks after their next release (Which I'm guessing will be a 767). 

I'm thinking we may not have to wait too long as this was the same ploy marketing technique they used back when they tried and successfully beat QW (again) to the 757 release.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

Come now. Don't be disengenuous. This is the way a poster(s) usually throw garbage around. Well gee let me give a list of alleged 'issues' besides my own. As I stated maybe if you spoke for yourself there would be less parroted nonsense around this plane.

Now your badgering the person which is clearly a AVSIM violation. I have clearly stated my own experiences which had nothing to do with sound as you implied and in other post I said I like the plane but I also disagree with the way CaptainSim released this. I also referenced the CS forum as a source. You need to stop backpedalling and let the topic continue. 

1 minute ago, Wise87 said:

Now your badgering the person which is clearly a AVSIM violation. I have clearly stated my own experiences which had nothing to do with sound as you implied and in other post I said I like the plane but I also disagree with the way CaptainSim released this. I also referenced the CS forum as a source. You need to stop backpedalling and let the topic continue. 

I think there are a lot of simmers that have pre-judged this plane right from the outset. It turns out to be a fantastic plane. I've read several of the postings on their forum example about sounds. It sounds like people don't know how to configure their own system for most of the complaints. One of them - he couldn't hear any sounds outside and in? Really? Useless complaint. Why don't you actually find out what some of these state before using it in your complaint. And you were the one who responded to my post not the reverse. If you don't like my opinion why don't you ignore it. But to whine about it as 'badgering' is absurd and childish.

9 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Lenny, they do this after every release.  This is not unusual for them. What you want to watch for are these things:

1. How quickly they not only respond, but they actually fix the issues.
  2. If posts start to disappear after a long enough time passes and customers start to complain.
  3. Watch number 2 above especially when they announce their newest release and your $75.7 757 (I thought that was cute by the way) is still waiting to have bugs addressed...i.e. go browse the 777, L1011, etc forums with the same types of threads started.
  4. Watch for claims of features never promised when it's been long enough and people start complaining that those features that are not there.

I'm still hoping they'll actually keep interest in this release for at least 3-4 weeks after their next release (Which I'm guessing will be a 767). 

I'm thinking we may not have to wait too long as this was the same ploy marketing technique they used back when they tried and successfully beat QW (again) to the 757 release.

Well we shall see right? So far I have immensely enjoyed this plane if not pleasantly surprised after thinking it was a beta. When I took it for a couple of flights with full ILS landings and not a single problem which was noticeable I thought ' take it out of beta'. To learn it actually was not a beta is in reality  not something which bothered me in the least as I was one among hundreds who wanted their 757 and would buy it in beta form.

18 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

This is not unusual for them. What you want to watch for are these things:

How quickly they not only respond, but they actually fix the issues.

If posts start to disappear after a long enough time passes and customers start to complain.

Watch number 2 above especially when they announce their newest release and your $75.7 757 (I thought that was cute by the way) is still waiting to have bugs addressed...i.e. go browse the 777, L1011, etc forums with the same types of threads started.

Watch for claims of features never promised when it's been long enough and people start complaining that those features that are not there.

I'm still hoping they'll actually keep interest in this release for at least 3-4 weeks after their next release (Which I'm guessing will be a 767). 

I'm thinking we may not have to wait too long as this was the same ploy marketing technique they used back when they tried and successfully beat QW (again) to the 757 release.

Steve, I agree with you 100%. Will see what happens over the next few weeks. As I've stated in my previous post I preferred the CS 757 over the QW 757 and I reported a great flight yesterday with a few minor issues but no show stoppers. 

Topic locked.  The objective of posting this topic has been served (to let the membership know of a new product).  We have a Captain Sim Forum.  Let's continue the discussions there.  There's already a very long 11 page plus discussion going on there.  The arguments above are not violations of the AVSIM Terms of Service.