Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

KSAN Coronado Bridge - Double Vision

Hi Folks,

Anyone have a decent solution for the double bridges - I'm assuming the high one is default and the low one is an ORBX Vector extruded bridge ??? Thanks...

244o95i.jpg

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Folks,

I also have LVFR San Diego - I just heard from Ricardo - their scenery will address this issue in an upcoming patch and replace both bridges... Great news...

Regards,
Scott

Hi Scott,

By chance are you using Ultimate Terrain? If so you can turn off the major road bridges and eliminate the lower bridge. At least that's how I do it.

Jesse

\

• Upvote 1

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

To add to Jesse's advice, what I did is put Orbx above Ultimate terrain and that solved it.

• Upvote 2

Waleed N

Hi Folks,

Thanks so  much for the help and insights - yeah - while I used UT in V3 - I moved to Vector for V4 - specifically to gain Alaska and Canada which I didn't have in UT... I have the US and Caribbean - but none of that's installed...

Yeah - I could probably turn of the extruded bridges in Vector but then they would be gone everywhere and not just KSAN... I could have made my own exclusion - LOL - but I was looking for an easy fix... Honestly - I would expect Ricardo's bridge to be far superior to the ones in my pix so I'll just wait on LVFR... 

Hi Jesse,

Been ages since we've both been on the same thread... Hope all is going well for a fellow Beech aficionado - what are you flying these days ? Rumor has it - that A2A may be working on a Bonanza - at least it seems to indicate that by the very few meager hints they've given... I'd be happy to have a new high quality Beech in my hangar... Always a pleasure - sir...

Regards,

Scott

I've got the same double bridge issue, Scott, but I don't have Ricardo's scenery, so it's probably not that.  I have a mix of Orbx vector and UTX installed, so I'll do some poking and see if I can find the source...

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Re-reading the thread, I think you already diagnosed the issue correctly. 

Interestingly, neither of your bridges look like the model I see in-sim, however I have OrbX KSAN which is probably where this bridge is from:

5jn5ZrZ.jpg

My double bridge is from definitely from UTX, which had ended up at the top of my scenery.cfg - I moved it back below all my other detail sceneries and the extra bridge is gone.

As you suspected, you may be seeing the LVFR along with the vector scenery.  Any chance the LVFR scenery is not already on top of vector in your scenery.cfg?

• Upvote 1

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Hi Scott,

As I understand Ricardo - the LVFR KSAN didn’t have a Coronado Bridge so I don’t think his scenery interferes... While your bridge looks a thousand times better than my bridges - I’m surprised ORBX didn’t get the color right - I used to live in San Diego and it’s definately blue unless they changed it recently... One bit of trivia - never confirmed if true - is the city had to insure the bridge sections would float if ever knocked down - as the majority of the PAC Fleet would be cutoff from the ocean if it didn’t... All but the Submarines stationed in Point Loma and Carriers on North Island...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

I think it's still blue.  It looks like the model only has the upper road surface, not the lower blue steel.  Maybe I'll try to fly under it later today in check up close!

Also, GREAT trivia! Thanks for that.

• Upvote 1

Hi Scott,

Yeah - the blue default bridge in my first shot looks closer to the style I recall... Better call homeland security and inform them you'll be conducting inspection flights under the bridge - lol - we don't want any misunderstandings... 

:tongue:

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

I live in SD and the bridge is still blue and no it won't float if knocked down so if you fly under it don't hit it  :-)

Cheers

Martin

• Upvote 1