Sign in to follow this  
viperlid

P3Dv4.1 crashes with 777-200F exactly 3 hours into the flight

Hello all

Somehow P3D v4.1 is crashing when minimized and 3 hours into the flight with B777.

Ive tried two different flights. BIKF-KSEA and KSEA RCTP. SEA TPE being native addon scenery. the first flight was succesfully recovered with fsuipc autosave feature. I did not minimized P3D for the remaining 4:30 hours and I was able to complete the flight. Second flight happened again exactly 3 hours into the flight, again the sim was minimized. This is strange because I do minimize the sim with 744 long hauls and everything goes perfectly fine. why do I minimize the sim? because the GPU eases down and core temperature drops, also the fan slows down making less noise.

Any one experienced this before? also,anyone does minimize the sim???

thank you!

Alfredo Hernandez

Because the GPU eases down.  That is an interesting observation. Reminds me of being in Athens many decades ago where many of the residents drove at night with headlights off because they believed it was easier on the engine.  Too bad several sailors were killed every few months by vehicles they never saw coming.  Back on subject, you are not saving anything by minimizing the simulation except for some fan noise.  I assume you are talking about the video card fan, and I wonder why this is a problem.  I rarely hear mine.

As for running minimized then crashing....this sounds more like a P3D issue.  Have you tried the same sport with a default aircraft?

Dan Downs KCRP

Noup, ive tried the same with pmdg 744 only and never had any problems. since T7 and 744 are the only ones i use for long haul. for short hops I use NGX and FSL320 and with those i minimize the sim without problems. of course very few flights are longer that 3 hours. I rarely use default aircraft, and certainly not for 3 hours.

ok.... I finished my test flight, no minimizing 4:40 flight. no CTD

soo,... yeah, minimizing is the problem:huh:

14 hours ago, viperlid said:

soo,... yeah, minimizing is the problem:huh:

That's been something to avoid since FS9 days, honestly.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

On 1/19/2018 at 8:06 AM, scandinavian13 said:

That's been something to avoid since FS9 days, honestly.

I agree, but that doesnt justify the CTD anyway.

On 1/26/2018 at 8:04 PM, viperlid said:

Sure it does, if it is indeed a well known issue in FS.

• Upvote 1

On 1/26/2018 at 11:04 PM, viperlid said:

I mean...sure...but that's a gripe for MS, not us. It'll do that with a default aircraft, much less a complex one.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Minimizing any window means you take resources from it as it has not to be rendered. You can easily open other windows over p3d but don‘t minimize it, not even when it‘s paused. You will experience this with a lot of games that rely on the gpu, not only p3d.