Sign in to follow this  
aktorsyl

Internal sounds for wing views

Hi guys,

I own the 737 NGX, 747 QOTSII, and 777 (all for P3Dv4). Currently, I have my wing views set up via Chaseplane for both wings, forward and aft angles. It looks fantastic, but what grates me is the fact that you hear the external sounds while in those wingviews (because in order to see the wings, you need to view the plane's external model). Is there any way whatsoever to have the internal sounds in your wingviews? A small adaptation to the cfg's, or something? With the NGX it's "somewhat" possible because the wings are modeled in the interior view too, but only half of the wing is rendered properly and is designed purely to be able to see it from the cockpit when looking back.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Rean Opperman

Intel Core i7 8700k clocked to 4.6GHz, GTX1080Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSFS installed on NVMe drive, Windows 11, Dell 27" 60Hz Monitor + Dell 24" 60Hz Monitor. Resolution 1920x1080. Game Mode on, GPU scheduling enabled (Win11). MSFS settings: High-End for airlines, Ultra for GA.

Use the stock viewing system?  Shift-S brings you right to wing views, complete with internal sounds.  

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, FishermanIvan said:

Use the stock viewing system?  Shift-S brings you right to wing views, complete with internal sounds.  

I tried that, it's still external (especially prevalent when you're in front of the wing instead of behind the wing)

Intel Core i7 8700k clocked to 4.6GHz, GTX1080Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSFS installed on NVMe drive, Windows 11, Dell 27" 60Hz Monitor + Dell 24" 60Hz Monitor. Resolution 1920x1080. Game Mode on, GPU scheduling enabled (Win11). MSFS settings: High-End for airlines, Ultra for GA.

Hi Rean, PMDG asks for our full name on every post.  Easy to set up in your user settings.

How are you using wing views?  I find no useful purpose for them as a pilot. This is probably why PMDG does not expend much effort in creating expansive 3D interior models of the cabin or main deck.

Dan Downs KCRP

Something in your settings then?  When I shift S to the wing view, looking over the trailing edge, it’s internal sounds. 

It is definitely external sounds, at least on the 747.  It sounds a lot like internal at the trailing edge, but it is not.

Dan, wing views can be nice if you're remembering a flight you once did as a passenger, and can give you that nice sense of "being there".  As a professional pilot, you'd be far more used to the pointy end :)  Having only flown small aircraft myself, I don't mind the wingviews.

• Upvote 1

Rudy,

In the FSX/P3D environment there is not a way to do this without a customized sound engine to completely override the simulator platform's sound engine.

We are actually quite close to doing just that (replacing their sound engine) but there are bigger items on our to-do list at the moment, so it is an incremental progress thing that gets attention as we come across items we need adjusted.

No saying exactly when we will actually pull he plug on their sound engine but probably not too far into the future.

• Upvote 3

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Interesting to know Robert, - thanks for the insight!

I look forward to seeing what the future has in store...it looks like there are a million other PMDG things to be excited about at the moment with the 748's features!

Cheers,