Sign in to follow this  
--Randy--

Getting black window when GTN runs.

GTN 750 was running beautifully in X-Plane 11.11 until I tried to open the 750 today....it caused X-Plane to crash and, oddly enough, it deleted my xplane.exe file. I tried replacing the exe file but x-plane would not run. 

I had to create a new instance of X-Plane and start over. I reinstalled the GTN 750 but now when I open it all I get is a black screen.....nothing. 

Does anyone have any idea of what might be going on? 

I uninstalled it several times and reinstalled it. 

Thanks. 

Randy

Hi,

This is unfortunate but 100% unlikely the GTN plugin deletes the XPlane.exe at all.

Now, you might want to review your anti-virus quarantined files / logs for any 'rxp' file.

Can you please post the content of the RXP GTN logs (path/files in the User's Manual)?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Jean-Luc, help me also please.  My GTN screens are also black.  When installing the latest updated versions, it said that I already had the correct version of the Garmin Trainer so I didn't even get any prompt to install it.

I have select "Always on" as a power option and do have the screen lighting set to 100%

Contents of rxp.GTN.xpl.log:

18/01/24 04:03:14.034 09692 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.4.12.0
18/01/24 04:03:14.034 09692 INFO ] 
18/01/24 04:03:18.703 09692 INFO ] using GTNSIMDATA = "C:\ProgramData\Garmin\GTN Trainer Data(6011)"
18/01/24 04:03:18.705 09692 INFO ] using GTNSIMPATH = "C:\Garmin\GTN Trainer\GTN\sys\sim(6011)"

I do have the Flight1 GTNs for P3Dv4 which I had purchased quite a while before you released yours (which I still might end up buying yours because I've always like RXP).  I don't know if these might be interfering with the X-Plane versions that I purchased from you.

These have worked excellent in the past.  I don't know what happened.

Thank you,

Robert Yunque

Here is the contents of gthe rxpGTN.xpl.log:

18/01/25 00:41:00.223 05296 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.4.12.0
18/01/25 00:41:00.223 05296 INFO ]

Here is the contents of the rxpGtnSim.dll.log:

18/01/25 00:41:02.602 05296 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.4.12.0
18/01/25 00:41:02.601 05296 INFO ]
18/01/25 00:41:46.972 05296 WARN ] can't find trainer installer path

......So that is pretty self explainatory isn't it....now to find out how to point the 750 to the trainer?

OK.....here is an update...I just uninstalled and reinstalled the 750 and the trainer and now the 750 was able to find the trainer and it works fine. 

Thanks for your help....should have read the manual....I see the info about the log files and the ini files there now....sorry. 

• Upvote 1

Randy

On 1/24/2018 at 9:40 PM, signmanbob said:

Jean-Luc, help me also please.  My GTN screens are also black.  When installing the latest updated versions, it said that I already had the correct version of the Garmin Trainer so I didn't even get any prompt to install it.

I have select "Always on" as a power option and do have the screen lighting set to 100%

18/01/24 04:03:18.703 09692 INFO ] using GTNSIMDATA = "C:\ProgramData\Garmin\GTN Trainer Data(6011)"
18/01/24 04:03:18.705 09692 INFO ] using GTNSIMPATH = "C:\Garmin\GTN Trainer\GTN\sys\sim(6011)"

I do have the Flight1 GTNs for P3Dv4 which I had purchased quite a while before you released yours (which I still might end up buying yours because I've always like RXP).  I don't know if these might be interfering with the X-Plane versions that I purchased from you.

Thank you,

Robert Yunque

Am I in the right place to get support for the X-Plane 11 GTN 750 & 650? It's been a while since I posted here for support and I also made a ticket and never got any answer from RXP.

I am using the stable X-Plane 11 and still getting black screens.

On 1/24/2018 at 9:40 PM, signmanbob said:

Thank you,

Robert Yunque

Someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong that I'm not getting any support?  I have made a ticket also, but not received any response from it either.  Is Jean-Loc ok?  If he is sick I understand and will wait, but if I'm not requesting support correctly I would like to know.

Thank you,

Bob

Hi and sorry for the unfortunate delay.

On January 24, 2018 at 10:40 PM, signmanbob said:

It looks like you are manually setting the paths to the trainer. I'd assume these are the correct path otherwise the log file would tell (unless there is a detection bug there).

Nevertheless, if you are manually setting the paths so that you keep different GTN trainers installed, the Reality XP GTN will always pick the most recent by default otherwise. You might want to try disabling these environment variables first and see how it goes?

Besides, the Reality XP GTN supports the latest GTN Trainer 6.41. Despite what some say about the futility of the latest 6.41 version, you'll get 2 major new features with it, like Visual Approaches, in addition to being able to install this version alongside any previous GTN trainer version!

I'd recommend you start installing the latest trainer first then. The download link is found in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GTN Simulation\[FltSim|X-Plane]\readme.rtf

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hello Jean-Luc,

Thank you so much for your help.  I really appreciate it.

I uninstalled the GTN Trainer that I had installed directly on the C: drive, then re-installed the RXP GTN for both X-Plane and P3Dv4 which also installed the GTN Trainer (v2.0.0.0) into the default location. Still, neither versions are working at all.

The X-Plane version just has a black screen and the P3Dv4 version has little letters that say "Starting" in the corner, but the screen is black other than that.

Thank you,

Bob

Hi, can you please post the content of the RXP log files now that you've reinstalled anew? These are invaluable to try understanding what could be happening.

NB: whatever trainer version you have, the environment variable override the path(s) and should you haven't deleted them, you're still asking the plugin/add-on to load the trainer pointed to by the vars...

Hello Jean-Luc,

I got it working.  I appreciate your help.

I uninstalled all the GTN Training software I had and downloaded the older one that you put a link to in another thread about the training software update that you're working on. I made sure that everything installed in the default locations.

I re-installed the GTNs for both X-Plane and P3Dv4 and everything worked fine. It's awesome!  I'm lovin' it.

The only problem that I'm having now is in X-Plane with the pop-up window in the new JustFlight Piper Arrow.  The GTN 750 pops up, but above the screen so I can only see a little corner of it.  If I try to pull it down with the mouse the X-Plane menu gets in the way.  Is there any way of resetting the location of the pop-up window to its correct location?

Hi, I'm glad it is working! We are working on the new GTN Trainer v6.41.1 right now as well, expect an update soon.

As for the window: Plugins | Reality XP GTN | Reset Window

Thank you soooo much Jean-Luc.  I really appreciate your great support for this software.  I have purchased all of your software for years and it is always great, but these GTNs are the best of the best for sure.

• Upvote 1

Hi Guys

I've bought the Reality XPN a few days ago and got only a Black screen after clicking "continue". I've reinstalled several times the Garmin Trainer, the plug-in. And nothing helps. All installationpaths are set to default. The rxpGTN.xpl.log looks like this:

18/02/20 07:47:09.676 08432 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.4.13.0
18/02/20 07:47:09.675 08432 INFO ] 

the rxpGtnSim.dll.log like this:

18/02/20 07:47:13.258 08432 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.4.13.0
18/02/20 07:47:13.257 08432 INFO ] 
18/02/20 07:49:11.427 15632 INFO ] 

I'm using the PC-12 from Cerenado for XP11 version 1.2 whitch shuld be ready for the rxpGTN.

Here the ini file from the aircraft.

[GTN]
; comma separated list of gauges
gauges = GTN_750_1

[GTN_750_1]
; comma separated list of render targets.
drawto = WINDOW, PANEL3D, WINDOW
; is the master device if true.
MasterDevice = true 
; connects GPS to copilot side if true.
CopilotSide = false
; selects COM/NAV Radios '1' or '2'.
RadiosPair = 1
; uses computer time if true, simulator time otherwise.
ComputerTime = false
; reduce screen update rate by half.
ReduceRate = false
; integral lighting rheostat index (0 to 3) or percent (-100 to 0)
Rheostat.Display = -100
; integral lighting rheostat index (0 to 3) or percent (-100 to 0)
Rheostat.Buttons = -100
; connects GPS to HSI if true.
LinkHsi = true 
; connects GPS to HSI course if true.
LinkCrs = true 
; connects HSI OBS to GPS if true.
LinkObs = true 
; connects GPS to VOR if true.
LinkVor = false
; connects GPS to Autopilot if true.
LinkOto = true 
; connects CDI key to NAV/GPS switch if true.
AutoNavGps = true 
; enables automatic GPS/VLOC selection.
AutoSelect = true 
; selects VLOC NAV '1' or '2'. '0' selects same source as 'RadiosPair'.
AutoNavSource = 0
; sets device power source: ALWAYS_ON,AVIONICS_BUS,MAIN_BATTERY
PowerSource = ALWAYS_ON
; connects GPS to Shadin Air Data computer if true.
UseAirData = true 
; connects GPS to Shadin Fuel Data computer if true.
UseFuelData = true 
; connects GPS to Audio Panel if true.
UseAudioPanel = true 
; connects GPS to Transponder if true.
UseTransponder = true 
; connects GPS to RYAN 9900BX if true.
UseRyanTcad = true 
; sets TCAD sound alerts volume in percent: 0 to 100.
RyanTcadVolume = 50
; enable device failures if true.
UseFailures = false
; uses Simulator GPS commands if true.
UseSimGpsCmds = true 
; sets transponder VFR code (octal default: #1200).
VFRcode = #1200
; sets fuel type: AVGAS,JETA,JETB,DIESEL
FuelType = JETA
; sets ownship icon type: 
; AUTO,LOW_WING,HIGH_WING,KIT_PLANE,TURBOPROP,TWIN_ENGINE,SINGLE_JET,BUSINESS_JET,2BLADES,3BLADES,4BLADES,ARROW
OwnshipIcon = AUTO
; sets TAWS type: TERR,TAWS_B,TAWS_A
TawsMode = TERR
; sets TAWS surface: HARD,HARD_SOFT,WATER,ANY
TawsSurface = HARD_SOFT
; TAWS minimum runway length (feet)
TawsMinLength = 40
; TAWS approach air speed (knots), -1 (auto detect Vref: 144)
TawsApprSpeed = 115
; TAWS maximum flap extension speed (knots) or -1 (auto detect Vfe: 165)
TawsFlapSpeed = 150
; TAWS maximum gear extension speed (knots) or -1 (auto detect Vle: 144)
TawsGearSpeed = 160
; sets voice type: MALE,FEMALE
VoicePref = MALE
; sets master sound volume in percent: 0 to 100.
MasterVolume = 66
; selects the default database: 0: 'Garmin (North America)', 1: 'Jeppesen (Worldwide)'
NavDbType = 1
; selects the CPU running the trainer process: 1 to 32
; 0: last core, -1: automatic.
CpuAffinity = -1
; sets TCAD maximum number of targets to X-Plane AI Traffic Count.
UseTcadAiCount = true 

[GTN_750_1.WINDOW]
; display window if true.
visible = true 
; show screen only gauge if true.
nobezel = false
; display type: WINDOW,PANEL2D,PANEL3D,PANELS
frame.type = WINDOW
; display position and dimension (left,top,width,height)
frame.rect = 345,915,830,790
; screen only border size (pixels).
border.size = 0
; screen only border color (#RGB or #RGBA).
border.rgba = #000000
; enable mouse clickspots if true, disable if false (use SHIFT to override)
usemouse = true 
; display mouse tooltips if true.
tooltips = true 
; freeze display position if true.
locked = false
; left mouse button on the screen toggles popup window if true (requires SHIFT+left mouse button).
popleft = false
; right mouse button on the screen toggles popup window if true (requires XP11.1).
popright = true 
; display as popout window if true.
undocked = false

[GTN_750_1.PANEL3D]
; display window if true.
visible = true 
; show screen only gauge if true.
nobezel = true 
; display type: WINDOW,PANEL2D,PANEL3D,PANELS
frame.type = PANEL3D
; display position and dimension (left,top,width,height)
frame.rect = 1436,2048,610,748
; screen only border size (pixels).
border.size = 0
; screen only border color (#RGB or #RGBA).
border.rgba = #000000
; enable mouse clickspots if true, disable if false (use SHIFT to override)
usemouse = true 
; left mouse button on the screen toggles popup window if true (requires SHIFT+left mouse button).
popleft = true 
; right mouse button on the screen toggles popup window if true (requires XP11.1).
popright = true 

I'm realy lost and hope you can help me out here.

I'm confused about the system "Windows enviroment variables" . 

1. Do I have to set them after the installation?

2. If yes what's the correct path?

As per user guide it's 

GTNSIMPATH="C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\GTN Trainer\GTN\sys\sim"

When I've installed the GTN Trainer with default values, I don't have this path. The Trainer is located on:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Trainers\GTN

In this folder is only a folder with the name: bin and DirectX9.0c.

thanks for any advise here.

Hi swisssheep,
I'm afraid I don't have any obvious solution but I'd like to ask if your Garmin Aviation Trainer is functional?
Can you start and use the trainer instruments?

Your GTN ini doesn't look unusual.
I would think a PC-12 is equipped with a TAWS-B though, but that's unrelated to your issue and you can change it in the plugin settings.

The trainer application path in the manual might be from a previous trainer version (the manual will probably be updated soon).
The current path is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Trainers\GTN" (as you mentioned)

Could you confirm what is exactly happening on your version, please?
If I understand correctly, using the Carenado PC-12, with the batteries ON, you can click on the tactile "continue" button on your GTN 750 display (right after the initial bootup sequence), and then the screen just goes dark on that same GTN 750?

Did you try using the pop-up window?