Sign in to follow this  
mac44

GTN 750 and XP11

Just got the GTN 750 for XP11 and having some issues.............

Firstly for the compatible aircraft it was showing the 750 in the pop up but not in the virtual cockpit (seems this requires some re-writing of .ini files) for these aircraft........

Second problem I have is its not wanting to display any traffic (alerts) - using it with world traffic 3 so I can see lots of traffic but nothing on the display.

Looks like you already know of the RXP subforum.  As for the virtual cockpit, much like FSX/P3D, it generally has to be added by the developer... however some people have been able to mod them.

Planes that have a VC GTN are the Panthera, Eclipse, Justflight Arrows, default cirrus get (650 mod), default C172 (750/650s or two 750s), freeware Bell 429... might be some I've missed.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

You can load a saved one or I believe there are ways to load from other software.  See the RXP subforum here.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

14 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

You can load a saved one or I believe there are ways to load from other software.  See the RXP subforum here.

So basically, it is completely useless except for looking pretty, if we can not load any flight plan into it

I do not have access to anything but the X-Plane forum

Thanks for the information

• Upvote 1

Lol

its not an FMS.  We GA guys input flight plans.  That's how it's done in real life!

if you're posting here you have access to RXP's forum...  just go to the forum top and browse for Reality Xp x-plane

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

37 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Lol

its not an FMS.  We GA guys input flight plans.  That's how it's done in real life!

if you're posting here you have access to RXP's forum...  just go to the forum top and browse for Reality Xp x-plane

In real life, I prepare the flight plan on a computer at home or FBO, and then insert the SD card in the GPS

When I try to see any other part of this web site I get an access denied screen or a blank screen

That's not how I've used the GTN or GNS in the past.  Lucky for you there is software (for free) that allows creation of a flight plan where you can export to the GTN

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Hi Folks,

Little NavMap will export flight plans to the GTN if desired - but - since the GTN supports airways and the interface is so intuitive - it only takes a few clicks to build a flight plan in the unit - even on endurance testing 1000 NM plus flight plans...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Little NavMap will export flight plans to the GTN if desired - but - since the GTN supports airways and the interface is so intuitive - it only takes a few clicks to build a flight plan in the unit - even on endurance testing 1000 NM plus flight plans...

Regards,
Scott

I do use the Litlle Navmap, but I do not know how to create a flight plan for this device

Also, I have nearly 1000 FMS flight plan, which I love to fly, but with his device, I can not load them in, so it is basically useless for me, and unfortunately, in the PDF instruction which I downloaded before buying it, it is not mentioned  that it does or does not support the FMS

• Upvote 1