Sign in to follow this  
EvilNando

Garmin GTN v6.41.1 Infos (unable to install - 404)

Hi, a quick update: GTN Trainer 6.41.1 is now supported in our dev builds, we're taking the occasion to correct a few items such as fuel flow in the FltSim version, TCAS in the X-Plane version, and a couple other things before we launch our internal tests, and make it an official release!

• Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

It doesn't seem so, but we've just gone the 'update' route (there is an auto-updater in 6.41.x), which has detected the DB was already installed. However from the various logs, it seems the DB is the same for now.

• Upvote 1

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hi  Jean-Luc - long-time lurker here and a big fan of your work!  Unfortunately my first post was originally intended to add to the conversation that I'd just ran into the same problem with the RXP installer throwing a 404 on the trainer download.   However, since that's old news now I have two questions if I may:

1.    I’m currently downloading the GTN Trainer v6.21.0 zip you attached earlier in this thread, but having read your more recent posts, would I be better off just subscribing to this thread and waiting for the updated installer?  If you think it could be a while then I’ll go with the downloaded file and keep my eyes open here for the update.  The only thing that concerns me is the potential for tripping whatever setting you have which limits how many installations are allowed before I need to turn to email to have a counter reset. 

2.    My second question is not really answerable at this point, but I wondered if you’d heard of anything similar before and if so, what may have caused it.  

The RXP GTN 750 has been working flawlessly since I bought it a few weeks ago, then out of the blue yesterday something went wrong.

All screen(s) were accessible, settings were accessible, everything functioned normally including inputting a f/p and all other functions – I had access to all systems.

The problem was that it wouldn’t execute any navigation.  I tried with full plans, single waypoints, direct to, arrival and departure procedures etc. etc. – the aircraft just ignored everything.  BTW - during the same time the stock 530 worked fine.

I made sure that I was running RXP 1 as the master, I disabled all plugins and even all scenery – same result.  Spent a long time troubleshooting it but no joy.

In the end I tried to just re-install the RXP installer, disabled my security software etc. etc., but that didn’t work so a short time ago I uninstalled everything – and of course just my luck - ran into the Trainer 404.

Anyhow, like I said there's nothing can be done now, but I figured if someone else has or may yet experience the same issue it would be worth mentioning it.

Many thanks,
Mike :)

Hi and thank you for your kind words!

Once the update is ready with 6.41.1 compatibility, you'll just have to install the new Garmin trainer, and the plugin will pick it up automatically (it always try the most recent version first).

As for the rest, I can't tell for sure but if not a recent X-Plane update which would break things up (like a beta), I can only think of another plugin interfering?

Nevertheless, let's wait for the urgent 6.41.1 compatibility update first prior troubleshooting this.

I bought this yesterday and I'm experiencing the 404 error, I have downloaded the old trainer flies.

How to I manually install from the old flies? At the moment the RealityXP installer greys out the option to download the new Trainer data.

Hi Dogodr, just download and run the trainer installer, then once done, run the RXP software installer. It will automatically pick-up the trainer is already installed then.

Topic locked, GTN v2.4.13 with GTN Trainer 6.41.1 is now released: