Sign in to follow this  
uriahms

FSX United Airlines Livery

Hi. Just bought the DC-6 to recreate United Airlines flight 629. Only to find out that it only comes with the PMDG livery and those available to download from PMDG are only for X Plane. I have seen a few liveries in this forum but none of United Airlines. Does anybody know if there is a 1950's livery of UAL for the FSX version anywhere? I have searched all over the internet. Really strange that this popular airline is not represented.6609-UAL-DC-6-NorthRampStapletonDEN.jpg

I have the P3D version, and also thought that only x-plane liveries were available. I was mistaken.  What you need to do is to start your PMDG Operations Center, and "Please select a product" will appear: select the drop down. All your products should appear highlighted, and in my case I select: PMDG DC-6-P3D v4. I am assuming you will have a drop down that indicates PMDG DC-6-FSX. Below in the Menu will be a Livery Downloader with liveries for FSX DC-6A and FSX DC-6B. 

Good Luck. If you don't get the menu for the FSX version, you probably should contact PMDG directly.

• Upvote 1

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

What AviatorMan said... and you'll find the late (1960s) United livery among the choices.  Good hunting!

• Upvote 1

Apologies. I either was looking the wrong place. I was looking down the list at the FSX version instead of the FSX:SE version which was up the list. Or I hadn't yest selected the aircraft after installation (so shocked and disappointed) so it hadn't been registered. Thanks for the help. I have it now plus many others.