Sign in to follow this  
alphons10

Cannot save changes in Scenery Config Editor

I installed The latest version of Scenery Config Editor 1.1.9 using FSX_SE in Windows 10. Whenever I exit the program it asks me if I want to quit without saving or save and quit although I have saved before in File/save.  I than save and quit and when reopening none of the changes have been saved. I made sure that both links are pointing in the right direction, one being the FSX directory and the other the scenery.cfg in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\ .  I reinstalled the program twice even entered the cfg location user defined, but no changes are saved neither in the config editor nor in FSX.  However when I enable or disable scenery in FSX itself it syncs with the Config editor so there is a working connection. I am rather stuck here and would appreciate some help.

PS: I had the same installation (same FSX-SE,same Scenery config editor 1.1.9) working fine before on the exact same machine before a complete reinstall of windows 10 and everything else. 

When you open up SCE, go to Edit>Preferences and uncheck Follow the NewScenery convention.  Problem happening is that it is saving the FSX NewScenery.cfg instead of fsx.cfg.  Make sure at the very top of the screen it is saving to fsx.cfg and not newscenery.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

I did unscheck the Follow the new scenery convention. However no change it does not save changes  to the scenery.cfg

Thats my settings:

Flight simulator directory: F:\Program Files F\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\

Scenery File location:  C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\

On top left hand corner of the main screen:

Scenery Config Editor C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg*

any more suggestions ???  thanks  Al

Use the "Save as" option and select scenery.cfg from the file list.

Run as administrator. It does not save changes otherwise.

• Upvote 1

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

thank you so much

RUN AS ADMIN  did the trick, don´t know why this did not occur to me earlier. 

Appreciate your help

Al